Mormons

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Rex on Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Well, why would you want to do that to someone?
You mean open your mind to the intellectual and spiritual treasures that religions can offer? Let's say I am a strong believer in improving the human race through knowledge

Yes, every thing I have ever said in my whole life is wrong. But oh well
Your reading comprehension could use some work

It helped us a lot to come to where we are not gonna lie, but where I live it also screws up a lot of things.
This not just about the direct social effect of religious institutions. This is also about the important philosophical achievements given to us by religions and the important social effects these spiritual teachings had on our social mentality

Well I feel like an idiot and I assume that's what you were going for. Yay m
The first step towards true knowledge is to realize how little you know. If my arguments have given you thirst for new knowledge then yes this is what I am going for. If you feel just bummed out and want to learn even less then before then no.

And you shouldn't judge someone by posts they make on the internet,
I actually think you should depending on the case. The anonymity of the internet combined with the time needed to make a post can show a lot more sincerity then actual physical interactions

especially because my beliefs aren't the same as yours.
How are our beliefs different?

I am learning stuff true, but you don't have to say it in a snotty way that just makes me feel stupid.

I can't make you feel stupid. Only you can do that
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by scifidawn on Sun May 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Courtnut wrote:Well, why would you want to do that to someone? Yes, every thing I have ever said in my whole life is wrong. But oh well.
And yes there are plenty of religions I have no idea about. I mainly just know about the branches of christianity in my state. And the way they push it on you here helped me be closed minded about it. It helped us a lot to come to where we are not gonna lie, but where I live it also screws up a lot of things.
Well I feel like an idiot and I assume that's what you were going for. Yay me.
And you shouldn't judge someone by posts they make on the internet, especially because my beliefs aren't the same as yours. Doesn't make me any less of a person. I could say you are a mean person just by the way you are talking in this thread, but I'm not going to because I've read other posts from you and you don't always talk that way.
I am learning stuff true, but you don't have to say it in a snotty way that just makes me feel stupid.

Don't let it get to you. You are not an idiot.

Rex lay off her. She has a right to what she believes without attack. Instead of getting in people's faces, leave them alone and just say what you believe and let them say what they believe. It is simple.
avatar
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Posts : 882
Join date : 2010-05-15

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Rex on Sun May 30, 2010 1:44 pm

scifidawn wrote:
Courtnut wrote:Well, why would you want to do that to someone? Yes, every thing I have ever said in my whole life is wrong. But oh well.
And yes there are plenty of religions I have no idea about. I mainly just know about the branches of christianity in my state. And the way they push it on you here helped me be closed minded about it. It helped us a lot to come to where we are not gonna lie, but where I live it also screws up a lot of things.
Well I feel like an idiot and I assume that's what you were going for. Yay me.
And you shouldn't judge someone by posts they make on the internet, especially because my beliefs aren't the same as yours. Doesn't make me any less of a person. I could say you are a mean person just by the way you are talking in this thread, but I'm not going to because I've read other posts from you and you don't always talk that way.
I am learning stuff true, but you don't have to say it in a snotty way that just makes me feel stupid.

Don't let it get to you. You are not an idiot.

Rex lay off her. She has a right to what she believes without attack. Instead of getting in people's faces, leave them alone and just say what you believe and let them say what they believe. It is simple.

This is not a blog. It's a forum and I intend to continue dicussing
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Unit7 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Holy crap is Rex actually speaking highly... er sorta, towards Religion? Razz
(Gosh Im kidding. I think I have a fair grasp on your general stance on the subject. Just... well nvm)

Also I would like to point out something.

Courtnut. You said we shouldn't pass judgement over people because they have different faiths.

But... isn't this what you created this thread for in the first place? To pass judgement or to encourage others to pass judgement on Mormons?

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by scifidawn on Sun May 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Rex wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
Courtnut wrote:Well, why would you want to do that to someone? Yes, every thing I have ever said in my whole life is wrong. But oh well.
And yes there are plenty of religions I have no idea about. I mainly just know about the branches of christianity in my state. And the way they push it on you here helped me be closed minded about it. It helped us a lot to come to where we are not gonna lie, but where I live it also screws up a lot of things.
Well I feel like an idiot and I assume that's what you were going for. Yay me.
And you shouldn't judge someone by posts they make on the internet, especially because my beliefs aren't the same as yours. Doesn't make me any less of a person. I could say you are a mean person just by the way you are talking in this thread, but I'm not going to because I've read other posts from you and you don't always talk that way.
I am learning stuff true, but you don't have to say it in a snotty way that just makes me feel stupid.

Don't let it get to you. You are not an idiot.

Rex lay off her. She has a right to what she believes without attack. Instead of getting in people's faces, leave them alone and just say what you believe and let them say what they believe. It is simple.

This is not a blog. It's a forum and I intend to continue dicussing

You are not discussing. You are purposefully being hurtful. Leave her alone.

Courtnut, you can always put someone on ignore if you wish. Go to your profile under friends and foes.
avatar
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Posts : 882
Join date : 2010-05-15

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Unit7 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Actually he is discussing. He is trying to discuss the importance of expanding your knoweldge and wisdom. To learn from religions from across the world. He is trying to get her to see this.

If Rex wanted to be intentionally mean to her, there are easier ways and he wouldn't be trying to get her to learn and open up her mind and to actally have a discussion.

What I see Rex doing is no different then the countless discussions I have seen over the years on forums. Some with tighter Moderation then this forum will ever have.

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Rex on Sun May 30, 2010 1:58 pm

You are not discussing. You are purposefully being hurtful. Leave her alone.
No I am not. And if you believe this you need to either improve your reading comprehension or spend more time in forums. Now unless you wish to actually contribute to this discussion I would ask you to stop derailing the thread with this semi spam. Thanks in advance
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Courtnut on Sun May 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Actually, I think the Mormons made Utah a better place to live. I was simply asking because it's interesting to see what people in other states think.
But Mormons are some of the most judgemental people I have ever met. Not gonna lie. This thread got way off track.
Unit, as I have already said I don't know much about the other religions from around the world. You can give someone else knowledge, without having to be rude about it.
Well of course everyone is going to go against me duh.
Wait, Rex is a guy?? I thought this whole time he was a girl! Oops. . . Is it like Rex from Toy Story??
I'm not gonna block someone just because they disagree with me. That would be immature.
And as for spending more time in forums, I do think some people do have a life outside of the computer Smile This forum is starting to feel like a third wheel, like everyone here is best friends and I am just an outsider. Maybe I should leave haha Smile


Last edited by Courtnut on Sun May 30, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Courtnut

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Sandy, UT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by melissa052 on Sun May 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Wait, Rex is a guy?? I thought this whole time he was a girl! Oops. . . Is it like Rex from Toy Story??

Wow! This is HILARIOUS! Have you not stumbled into his counter sexy celeb post in the cesspool?
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Courtnut on Sun May 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Haha I was editing my post when you wrote that. There is a picture of a girl on his avatar so I naturally assumed it was a girl. Oopsies, another reason for people here to dislike me Smile
I missed one of the posts before. But Rex, you telling me how my reading comprehension sucks is just plain rude. Was that really necessary to prove your point??
And I realize how little I know, not very many people know everything about religion. I shouldn't be attacked for that. And I have always thought everything I have ever said is wrong. And I've always thought of myself as stupid. I just love having it confirmed to everybody here though.
avatar
Courtnut

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Sandy, UT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sun May 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Courtnut wrote:There is a picture of a girl on his avatar so I naturally assumed it was a girl.
Your avatar is a little boy. Should I assume that's you? Hahahaha!!
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Courtnut on Sun May 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Well, his avatar is of a teenage girl which is what you'd expect on this page. I don't think a 2 year old boy could be on the computer doing this Smile And on my profile it says I'm a girl. His doesn't say.
avatar
Courtnut

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Sandy, UT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Unit7 on Sun May 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Actually its a picture of Summer Glau an actor. I believe that particular image was from The 4400. But I could be wrong. lol

A better image of Summer. Not only incredibly good looking, but a brilliant actress. Smile

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Courtnut on Sun May 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Well, it is very small, and I don't watch a lot of TV Smile I would have had no idea
avatar
Courtnut

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Sandy, UT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by melissa052 on Sun May 30, 2010 4:57 pm

And as for spending more time in forums, I do think some people do have a life outside of the computer Smile This forum is starting to feel like a third wheel, like everyone here is best friends and I am just an outsider. Maybe I should leave haha Smile

Haha! I used to have a life outside the computer, then I broke up with him... Now if I'm not online, I'm editing a video, if I'm not editing a video then I'm probably sleeping, if I'm not sleeping I might be at the mall and if I'm not at the mall I might be filming a vlog... *Makes note to self I have to edit a vlog*
Eh, we're only like best friends because we all new eachother from the old ABCF boards, some have been there for way over a year and others only about 6 months, when you are around them weirdos (Yes, Hannah, I'm talking about you... Unit and Rex too!) for a while you become closer I guess... Now Maggie and Hannah are like distant sisters I wish I knew in real life because they're more sisterly than my own blood sister (Bad, huh?) And Unit and Rex are like brothers I wish I had... They both just have awesome qualities and I seriously admire both of them for their wisdom...
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Courtnut on Sun May 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Well Melissa, I guess I will never be able to compare to that huh? Haha.
I don't know if it's enough to make me leave, though.
The last few days I've been on the computer a lot, because it's the first time me and my husband have been away from each other and I can't fall to sleep until 6 in the morning so I come on here. Smile But when he comes back, I doubt I'll be on as much.
avatar
Courtnut

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Sandy, UT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by melissa052 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:14 pm

The point I was trying to make was if you stay, people will become a little closer to you... I honestly do not think you should leave because I like you (Hence why I friended you... LOL)
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Courtnut on Sun May 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Haha yeah, but all of you guys are friends with each other. And you are the only one I talk to at all. So far... anyway. Smile Which is all good because you seem cool. It's just weird when everyone talks to each other, and it never makes sense to me haha Very Happy
avatar
Courtnut

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Sandy, UT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by melissa052 on Sun May 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Haha! Thank you... I always think I'm boring or something...
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by scifidawn on Sun May 30, 2010 6:29 pm

melissa052 wrote:Haha! Thank you... I always think I'm boring or something...

You are not boring.
avatar
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Posts : 882
Join date : 2010-05-15

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by melissa052 on Sun May 30, 2010 6:41 pm

scifidawn wrote:
melissa052 wrote:Haha! Thank you... I always think I'm boring or something...

You are not boring.

Aw, thanks Dawn! Very Happy
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sun May 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Pfft! Mel, Dawn lies. Wink
Bahahahaha!!

You are not boring either. Oh, wait you said I lie so.... Heee heee.
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by melissa052 on Sun May 30, 2010 7:22 pm

LOL! Wait... When did I say you lie?

You did not., Melissa. Hannah did, in humor.
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Never. Dawn the mod edited that in. LOL. I only wrote the first part. Wink
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by melissa052 on Sun May 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Really? That makes sense! LOL!
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mormons

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum