Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by melissa052 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:27 pm

This is just to show exactly how spontaneous I tend to be. This morning, when I woke up, I texted my best friend, Liz "Hey! You know what would be fun? A cross country trip using only Amtrak trains and buses. Talk about epic journey!"

And now we're actually planning that epic journey for sometime this summer, after she gets out of college for the semester! This will be fun! Very Happy
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by maggiemay on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:40 pm

melissa052 wrote:This is just to show exactly how spontaneous I tend to be. This morning, when I woke up, I texted my best friend, Liz "Hey! You know what would be fun? A cross country trip using only Amtrak trains and buses. Talk about epic journey!"

And now we're actually planning that epic journey for sometime this summer, after she gets out of college for the semester! This will be fun! Very Happy

That sounds fantastic! I wanna roadtrip so badly when I'm a little older.
avatar
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Posts : 1396
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : AK Rowdy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by ayan on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Road trip.... That should be fun. But be careful on Amtraks, there are some weirdos on those trains.

ayan

Posts : 377
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by melissa052 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:26 pm

ayan wrote:Road trip.... That should be fun. But be careful on Amtraks, there are some weirdos on those trains.

Oh, yes! I've actually been on the train many, many times, never a boring ride! It's actually my favorite way to travel a long distance! Though, I was thinking about the weirdos earlier, just because I was talking to my grandma about me and Liz planning the trip. She seems to completely approve of it, yet she still gets nervous about me crossing a busy street. Weird grandma is weird. XD
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Where do you hope to visit?

I highly recommend Maine if you end up near New England. The Portland area is amazing. My boyfriend and I purposely went two hours out of our way to have lunch by the ocean in Cape Elizabeth a few weeks ago when we made a trip out to NH for a reptile expo.


http://lobstershacktwolights.com/

And of course while we were there, we had to go take a gander at a light house.

_________________


"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
avatar
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 28
Location : New York (No, not the damn city)

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by melissa052 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Oh, that's beautiful! Very Happy Portland is actually one of the places we were thinking of going... From the looks of it, the stops will be San Antonio, New Orleans, DC, NYC, Niagara Falls, Portland, Chicago, West Glacier (In Montana), Seattle, San Francisco, then back home. We've planned to stay in motels in most of the cities for 1-2 days, depending on the city, just because a sleeper car on the trains cost about as much as a high class hotel and makes the trip more expensive.
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by PiperC! on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:44 am

Come visit me in NOLA!!!! haha
avatar
PiperC!

Posts : 769
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 22
Location : california

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by Rex on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:19 pm

This sounds kinda awesome. A friend of my did the same. Well similar. She decided to hitchike through all of Europe. Said it was really kick ass

I hope you have a great time
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 pm

You can't say you're spontaneous if you're actually planning such a trip, especially if it's months in advance. Razz

But have fun, take lots of pictures, and look up our addresses, so you can stalk all your friends. Hehehehe!
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by melissa052 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:06 pm

PiperC! wrote:Come visit me in NOLA!!!! haha

Haha! Maybe if we have time! Wink We're actually talking about Atlanta instead of NOLA. Especially since I have family there so we'd save a little... XD

Rex wrote:This sounds kinda awesome. A friend of my did the same. Well similar. She decided to hitchike through all of Europe. Said it was really kick ass

I hope you have a great time

Haha! I think if I tried that, I'd probably end up murdered or something.

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:You can't say you're spontaneous if you're actually planning such a trip, especially if it's months in advance. Razz

But have fun, take lots of pictures, and look up our addresses, so you can stalk all your friends. Hehehehe!

Well, it's best to plan these things out... Know how much money we'd need so we don't underestimate and have to walk halfway across the country to get home. Not to mention the monthly ticket we're getting limits us to 18 segments. We need to plan our routes wisely so the last few would lead us home. :p

Oh, I was totally intending on stalking all of you. Well, not ALL of you. Just you. Wink
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 pm

melissa052 wrote:Oh, that's beautiful! Very Happy Portland is actually one of the places we were thinking of going... From the looks of it, the stops will be San Antonio, New Orleans, DC, NYC, Niagara Falls, Portland, Chicago, West Glacier (In Montana), Seattle, San Francisco, then back home. We've planned to stay in motels in most of the cities for 1-2 days, depending on the city, just because a sleeper car on the trains cost about as much as a high class hotel and makes the trip more expensive.

Niagara Falls is cool. It's better on the Canada side, so bring a passport. There's a lot to do in the Buffalo area too. The Buffalo Zoo is always an adventure. And there's a botanical garden out there somewhere that looked cool. My boyfriend and I were supposed to go on a double date there last year with one of his friends and her man, but we never got around to it.

_________________


"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
avatar
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 28
Location : New York (No, not the damn city)

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo.... Yeah... ADVENTURE TIME! :D (Almost. XD)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum