Sooooo embarrassing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sooooo embarrassing

Post by ayan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:24 pm

I am so angry. Hahahaha I got stopped by a truancy officer because he thought I was 12. He didn't even believe me when I told him my age, he made me show him my university ID. Granted I am not big, but I am 5'5 almost 5'6. Shouldn't that count for something? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Anyway I am still angry cause he didn't even apologize afterwords. Throwing Rocks Throwing Rocks Throwing Rocks Throwing Rocks

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sooooo embarrassing

Post by Unit7 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:47 pm

He thought you were 12? That must have really sucked. I guess I was always lucky. I always looked a bit older then I actually was.

Oh well. Once you are like in your 40's you'd be thrilled at the idea of some guy thinking you are much younger. Razz

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:29 am

Definition of TRUANT OFFICER
: a person employed by a public-school system to investigate the continued absences of pupils —called also attendance officer, truancy officer

....what the hell? Are you kidding me with this? Such a thing actually exists? Man the crazy things I learn. Please tell me that this is some quirk of your town and this waste of money is not spread all over the USA
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:48 pm

No, it's all over the place. It's a money thing. The less absences, the more aid the district gets, or something. I could be completely wrong, that's what I got from it when I was half listening as a teacher explained it a hundred years ago.*shrugs* Although, you can actually be made to go to court for truancy, and your parents can get in trouble for it.

Anyway, I would have screwed with that guy so bad. You should have ran and made him work for it.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Rex wrote:Definition of TRUANT OFFICER
: a person employed by a public-school system to investigate the continued absences of pupils —called also attendance officer, truancy officer

....what the hell? Are you kidding me with this? Such a thing actually exists? Man the crazy things I learn. Please tell me that this is some quirk of your town and this waste of money is not spread all over the USA
Oh I am serious. They exist and are all over the place. It is their way of putting all kids to school. If you don't go to school for three days, then he/she will come knocking on your door asking why.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:30 pm

I should've made him work for it. He was so annoying, and it pissed me off that he stopped me in the middle of the street, called me 12 and didn't even say sorry. You would think he would learn some manners in which ever academy he went to if he did such a thing.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 pm

... That's insane. I mean I heard we had something back when were in a communist dictatorship so I really didn't expect to see it in the USA

Around her we simply get unexcused absences when we are missing from class. 5 unexcused absences and we get a warning. 10 and we go the principal. 15 and we are kicked out of school. Very easy and simple system and we never really had any problems

How does this work with unexcused absences in the USA? Are you allowed like an infinite number? Cause that might be worth the hassle of dealing with trolling pigs looking for you
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:46 pm

It depends on the circumstances and whether you're failing. You can't be kicked out of public school for having too many unexcused absences. I've never heard of it happening anyway. You can fail a grade if you're doing shitty in your classes, but they still have to provide you with an education.

It's considered educational neglect and parents are held responsible.

http://www.americanhumane.org/children/stop-child-abuse/fact-sheets/child-neglect.html

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:08 am

At my school, more than five unexcused absences automatically requires you to repeat the grade, no matter what your grades are like. It used to be ten but they reduced it 2 years ago. Good thing my mom is a nurse and can forge excuses. Smile

Ayan, I feel your pain. I'm really thin and people have always underestimated my age. Except when I have short hair, then people think I am in my 20s.

Last edited by PiperC! on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
PiperC!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Well technically around here getting kicked out means being forced to transfer in another highschool(usually one lower on the ladder). I think they can't actually kick you out either unless you really screw up

wow repeating a grade is really harsh. But yeah I honestly don't see why they don't just limit them selves to these kind of measures. Actually sending out pseudo pigs to act like some wanna be bounty hunters? Seems like a waste of money
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top