I feel the need to ask

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I feel the need to ask

Post by maggiemay on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:09 pm

I went back a page or so and was reading some stuff...what happened with Dawn? Was there a fight or something?
avatar
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Posts : 1396
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : AK Rowdy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Unit7 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Um... there was a bit of a fight over Rex using Fuck in a title and then a bit of a argument broke out whether or not anyone actually cared. Turns out from those who responded only Dawn seemed to care. Some were even offended by Dawn's implication that you girls couldn't handle it... or something.

Then of course it was the usual stuff between Rex and Dawn. All I really know is that shortly after that she disappeared.

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by maggiemay on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Unit7 wrote:Um... there was a bit of a fight over Rex using Fuck in a title and then a bit of a argument broke out whether or not anyone actually cared. Turns out from those who responded only Dawn seemed to care. Some were even offended by Dawn's implication that you girls couldn't handle it... or something.

Then of course it was the usual stuff between Rex and Dawn. All I really know is that shortly after that she disappeared.

Ahhhh okay. I'm not surprised that it was over something like that...
I say fuck all the time lol. I don't see why we would be offended by it.
avatar
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Posts : 1396
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : AK Rowdy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Rex on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:20 am

The problem was not so much about the fuck. The problem was that instead of simply reporting the thread or messaging Unit about it or hell even me( I didn't even notice I had said fuck since I was so stunned that woman can still be treated like this in a supposedly modern country like Israel.).Dawn decided to post a brand new thread complaining about it. Which of course wouldn't have been a problem since she does tend to complain but she also insulted pretty much all of us here. Both openly and with backhanded insults and bashed the whole forum in general. Which pissed me off and had me going on rants and things snowballed from there


But she will probably be back. She does tend to do this. Post controversial themes until the point where even people who like her start disagreeing with her and after a while she resurfaces back repeating the cycle
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by maggiemay on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 am

Rex wrote:The problem was not so much about the fuck. The problem was that instead of simply reporting the thread or messaging Unit about it or hell even me( I didn't even notice I had said fuck since I was so stunned that woman can still be treated like this in a supposedly modern country like Israel.).Dawn decided to post a brand new thread complaining about it. Which of course wouldn't have been a problem since she does tend to complain but she also insulted pretty much all of us here. Both openly and with backhanded insults and bashed the whole forum in general. Which pissed me off and had me going on rants and things snowballed from there


But she will probably be back. She does tend to do this. Post controversial themes until the point where even people who like her start disagreeing with her and after a while she resurfaces back repeating the cycle

Her usual habits, insulting people and then getting mad when we get defensive. I wouldn't be surprised if she came back, but it's been like 4 months hasn't it?
avatar
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Posts : 1396
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : AK Rowdy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Her usual bullshit.

It's not that I dislike Dawn, like she claims that everyone hates her and wants her gone. I just can't stand her stereotypical remarks, especially about the poor, and unwillingness to discuss things like an adult. Question her opinions and try to reason with her and she feels attacked. I can't count the number of times I've bitten my tongue...or fingers..on Facebook because we have a mutual friend and I don't want to start shit on her page.

_________________


"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
avatar
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 29
Location : New York (No, not the damn city)

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by PiperC! on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:00 pm

And of course her depart had all of the usual theatrics. She demanded her account be deleted instead of just leaving like a normal person.
avatar
PiperC!

Posts : 769
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 22
Location : california

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by maggiemay on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Her usual bullshit.

It's not that I dislike Dawn, like she claims that everyone hates her and wants her gone. I just can't stand her stereotypical remarks, especially about the poor, and unwillingness to discuss things like an adult. Question her opinions and try to reason with her and she feels attacked. I can't count the number of times I've bitten my tongue...or fingers..on Facebook because we have a mutual friend and I don't want to start shit on her page.

Oh Dawn...

PiperC! wrote:And of course her depart had all of the usual theatrics. She demanded her account be deleted instead of just leaving like a normal person.

Yeah I saw that. I'm kinda glad I wasn't here for that lol.
avatar
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Posts : 1396
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : AK Rowdy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by melissa052 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Yeah, basically what everyone else said. I didn't get involved, like that would have helped anything. I just sat back and watched, amused. Ignorant religious people amuse me, more than they should.

Oh. And hi, by the way. Welcome back. Very Happy I haven't been around much because of movie reasons. I guess I'm going star like on you guys. Sorry. XD
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:17 pm

melissa052 wrote:Ignorant religious people amuse me.
Since the only attention whore is gone (for now), I wanna start some drama.... Razz
Are you saying religious people are ignorant? Or just that those who happen to be both ignorant and religious amuse you? If the latter, why even throw in the word religious? Can unreligious people not be ignorant?
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by melissa052 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:Ignorant religious people amuse me.
Since the only attention whore is gone (for now), I wanna start some drama.... Razz
Are you saying religious people are ignorant? Or just that those who happen to be both ignorant and religious amuse you? If the latter, why even throw in the word religious? Can unreligious people not be ignorant?

I somehow knew someone was gonna test my choice of words there! XD
I meant people who are both ignorant and religious. The people who are just ignorant just annoy me. regular, unignorant religious people are fine. I like them. But when people use their religion as an excuse to be ignorant... You know, letting the bible be the answer to all... That just amuses me. And annoys me, but mostly amuses me. Especially recently. XD
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Rex on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:24 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:Ignorant religious people amuse me.
Since the only attention whore is gone (for now), I wanna start some drama.... Razz
Are you saying religious people are ignorant? Or just that those who happen to be both ignorant and religious amuse you? If the latter, why even throw in the word religious? Can unreligious people not be ignorant?

Ohh nice:) Ok let's get into it


The difference between normal ignorance and ignorance based on religion ideology is very very severe. The first is an ignorance mostly found among those who don't care much. With religion/ideology on the other hand the ignorance comes from the fact that they believe in an absolute truth. And these absolutes are the most terrifying thing because they can justify everything. There is a good quote about this

"And it all meant this: that there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do"

This is what ignorance combined with the belief in an absolute truth can do

avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Soap on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm

--


Last edited by Soap on Sun May 25, 2014 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Soap

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Man, we need to get back into there. Somebody come up with a religious topic so we can be more active. Razz
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Rex on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 am

Ehh ok. Any ideas?


P.S If Dawn is not coming back we might unlock The Cesspool as well.
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Unit7 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Rex wrote:Ehh ok. Any ideas?


P.S If Dawn is not coming back we might unlock The Cesspool as well.

One step ahead of you. I figure I might aswell unlock it. I think I did. It's open to members only at the moment. At least... I think that's what I did. I haven't been in the adminstration panel for a long time.

EDIT: I just checked on my other account and it's open. Smile
Though from the looks of it it seems like anyone who actually talked is part of the group anyways. lol

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Rex on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Yup. But I think it's still not visible unless you enter the forum.

Anywho I was thinking about something but I forgot
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Unit7 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Changed it so that everyone can see how dirty we all are. Razz

Oh and I almost forgot. There was also a bit of a contraversy over Rex's Israel thread. She only read the title and thought Rex was bashing Israel and what not. Maybe that was the thread with fuck in the title? I had to explain that Rex wasn't bashing Israel, more like pointing out it's disgusting treatment of women and politics. Or I think that was what the topic was about.

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Rex on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Wait really? I thought her problem as simply the word fuck I used?
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Unit7 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Rex wrote:Wait really? I thought her problem as simply the word fuck I used?

She PM'd me about it the same day she posted about the use of fuck in the title. I don't think she quite believed me when I tried to explain what you were talking about in the thread. But then again maybe she did. Either way it may have been a contribution to her leaving this time.

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I feel the need to ask

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum