Oh my goodness I haven't been on in forever!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh my goodness I haven't been on in forever!

Post by maggiemay on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Hey everyone! I've been MIA for a long time lol

How have you all been?

I've been pretty busy. I'm graduating in June Very Happy Dancing four days a week, slowly losing motivation at school lol. I know where I'm going to college! I'm pumped haha.
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh my goodness I haven't been on in forever!

Post by Rex on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:38 am

Welcome back!!!
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:58 am

Rex wrote:Welcome back!!!

Thank you!
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Yes welcome back! Very Happy

Unfortunately its been really slow here. Sad

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Unit7 wrote:Yes welcome back! Very Happy

Thanks!

I can tell lol. I've been meaning to come on again for a long time but I kept forgetting.
How have you been?
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Welcome back!

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:39 am

maggiemay wrote:

Thanks!

I can tell lol. I've been meaning to come on again for a long time but I kept forgetting.
How have you been?

Oh I have been good. Though nothing interesting has happened to me lately. Well I saw a wild turkey cross the street the other day.

But yeah. Nothing new here.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Welcome back Razz

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Welcome back!

Thanks!

Unit7 wrote:
maggiemay wrote:

Thanks!

How have you been?

Oh I have been good. Though nothing interesting has happened to me lately. Well I saw a wild turkey cross the street the other day.

But yeah. Nothing new here.

lolol. Exciting :p
I wish I had something super exciting to report but I don't haha. I mean college and graduating and whatnot but yeah... lol

ayan wrote:Welcome back Razz

Thank ya!
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Welcome back, Maggie!

Mind if I ask where you're going to college? (I understand if you don't wanna say because of privacy issues and such.) Because I live in such a rural part of Virginia, most of my friends are going to faraway schools. Maybe I'll go to visit someone in a year or two and meet you! Razz
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:28 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Welcome back, Maggie!

Mind if I ask where you're going to college? (I understand if you don't wanna say because of privacy issues and such.) Because I live in such a rural part of Virginia, most of my friends are going to faraway schools. Maybe I'll go to visit someone in a year or two and meet you! Razz

Hannah!

I don't mind! I'm actually going to the University of Akron in Ohio lol. I was gonna go to Longwood University but they don't have the right major. Actually none in Virginia does which is why I'm going out of state.

Do you know where you're going?
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:18 pm

No one I know going there. Razz
California Baptist University, most likely.
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:No one I know going there. Razz
California Baptist University, most likely.

lolol yeah...no one here has really heard of it :p They had my school name spelled wrong so I don't think many people from my school have applied.

Ooh nice! Back to California! Where else are you considering?
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Well CBU is the only place I applied. Hehehehe. I've been accepted, but I haven't gotten my financial aid stuff yet. If I don't get enough aid and scholarships, I'll just go to Riverside Community College for the first couple years. I anticipate lots of money though. I'm worth it. Razz
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Well CBU is the only place I applied. Hehehehe. I've been accepted, but I haven't gotten my financial aid stuff yet. If I don't get enough aid and scholarships, I'll just go to Riverside Community College for the first couple years. I anticipate lots of money though. I'm worth it. Razz

Ohhhhh okay haha. lol Akron gave me a little bit of scholarship money, more than any other school did.
There's nothing wrong with community college! A BUNCH of people here are doing that.
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:19 pm

That's really the deciding factor for a lot of people. Money. I have a friend who's dreamed of going to Virginia Tech all her life, and she and another friend who's going to Radford planned on getting an apartment together next year. She got in to VT, but UVa gave her a full scholarship plus extra money for books and living expenses, so she'll probably end up there instead.

Going to community college is probably a more sensable choice, since it's cheaper and easier (and you don't need to take SAT's to get in, and by the time you transfer to a university, the new school only cares about how you're doing in college), but I've already used CBU whenever I fill out anything. That's where I've sent all my AP test scores, SAT scores... and I put it on scholarship forms when they ask where I plan on going. It would just be such a hassle to have to tell people otherwise. Hahaha!
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:15 pm

It's kind of silly not to go to a community college for the first two years. They offer the exact same core classes that you need to have, for way, WAY cheaper. I think I only had to come up with about $200 a semester after financial aid. At the state university I had to pay about a grand. If I chose to go to a private school, like SU, it would have been sickening.

Also, rent your textbooks or if you must have one to keep, Ebay, Half.com, Amazon. School bookstores violate you. Hard. But really, rent. Chegg is awesome. All of the books that I bought thinking that I would use them again, I never did. I ended up selling them to Chegg. I only spent $60 this semester on books.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:That's really the deciding factor for a lot of people. Money. I have a friend who's dreamed of going to Virginia Tech all her life, and she and another friend who's going to Radford planned on getting an apartment together next year. She got in to VT, but UVa gave her a full scholarship plus extra money for books and living expenses, so she'll probably end up there instead.

Going to community college is probably a more sensable choice, since it's cheaper and easier (and you don't need to take SAT's to get in, and by the time you transfer to a university, the new school only cares about how you're doing in college), but I've already used CBU whenever I fill out anything. That's where I've sent all my AP test scores, SAT scores... and I put it on scholarship forms when they ask where I plan on going. It would just be such a hassle to have to tell people otherwise. Hahaha!

Oh I think I would have to pick UVA in that situation. VT is a great school too but a full ride to UVA is impressive. I consider applying there but I knew I wouldn't get in lol. Radford and CNU are super popular this year at my school.

CC does make sense. It's not something I personally could do (I need to actually leave for college) but it's a great option.
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:44 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:It's kind of silly not to go to a community college for the first two years. They offer the exact same core classes that you need to have, for way, WAY cheaper. I think I only had to come up with about $200 a semester after financial aid. At the state university I had to pay about a grand. If I chose to go to a private school, like SU, it would have been sickening.

Also, rent your textbooks or if you must have one to keep, Ebay, Half.com, Amazon. School bookstores violate you. Hard. But really, rent. Chegg is awesome. All of the books that I bought thinking that I would use them again, I never did. I ended up selling them to Chegg. I only spent $60 this semester on books.

Community college is a great thing and makes sense but I couldn't do it. I can't live with my parents and go to college.

YES renting is a fantastic thing. My brother loves Chegg.
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:It's kind of silly not to go to a community college for the first two years. They offer the exact same core classes that you need to have, for way, WAY cheaper. I think I only had to come up with about $200 a semester after financial aid. At the state university I had to pay about a grand. If I chose to go to a private school, like SU, it would have been sickening.

Absolutely agree on this. Take them from the library(if they aren't in your library they may be in another one) or if you need to study only a few chapters just xerox them. And don't ever forget Google. The sheer amount of books and info you can find on Google Books is really good. It takes some digging but it's very useful

Also if you get cozy with some of your Professors or TA(always a good idea) they may let you have access to the academic databases which is awesome and something you might really need when your writing your thesis

Also consult with people who have already taken this course. Sometimes it's actually better to study from your own notes then from textbooks
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am

You automatically get access to academic databases here, no need to cozy up with anyone. Each school subscribes to several. I'm about so spend hours on one for a paper on global warming. Shoot me.

You don't have to go to a community college in your area, it still allows you to get the hell out. Choose one far enough away to have to get a dorm, my boyfriend did it. I know several people who have gone away to two year schools. Adds the extra living expenses on but it would still be way cheaper.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Lucky you. Here we have access only to the local ones. To access the huge higher up international ones not only do you need to have a permission from the professor but you can do it only using his computer

You are lucky. Global warming is a nice straight forward topic. Now philosophy....that's where writing papers is real hell
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:56 pm

It's pretty handy. I just used an article on a study based in Turkey for a paper.

Yes, global warming is a simple topic, but holy shit. Zzzzzzzzzzzz. There is only so much of it I can take. The whole second half of the class is on it, and the professor is super into it. Preaching about alternative energy and fuel efficient cars. I just have no interest.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:16 am

Indeed. I can barely imagine what hell life was before the internet. Hell imagine what hell it was before computers. If I had to write my thesis on a typing machine I would have probably gone insane

Oh lucky you. I love professors so make their positions clear. I was lucky enough to have a few of them. The others were insanely specific about showing both sides of any issues which could drive you insane and quite often double the workload
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top