One Million Mothers...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Million Mothers...

Post by Unit7 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 am

Now I recently learned that Skins US was canceled... only because I was browsing the One Million Mothers website. Now at first I was just amused. Now I am a bit pissed. I keep seeing these list of campaigns to get advertisers to pull their support of various shows. Now I didn't really mind... but it got me thinking. (yes I am late to this)

First off. If you don't like a program just don't watch it. In fact isn't there a reason why Parental Lock was invented in the first place? Why go out of your way to ruin someones viewing experience? Don't like Skins US... do what I did. Don't watch.

What do these over protective mothers want to get rid of? No thats the wrong question. Don't be stupid. The question is What don't they want to get rid of.

But alot of what I am reading has to deal with sex and LGBT characters and... well

Email ABC Network and let them know that we will not tolerate LGBT subjects being forced into our homes. DWTS airs 8/7 central when children are awake and Christian families will not enhance the ratings by watching the show unless these cast members are replaced

Some families have already decided against watching Dancing with the Stars because of the skimpy costumes and provocative dance routines, but now they have gone too far! This year, not only are they casting Carson Kressley from Carson-Nation, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and How to Look Good Naked, but also transgender Chaz Bono- child to Sonny and Cher- from the documentary Becoming Chaz will be appearing in the show. Both are LGBT rights advocates and promote this destructive lifestyle. DWTS is helping them create visibility for the LGBT community.

This is completely unacceptable and Christians should not watch the show, no excuses! Kressley will be paired up with a female dancer, and since Chasity, transformed to Chaz after her sex change in 2009, will also be paired with a female dancer.

To push the envelope even further for a program that could be a family show but is obviously not, Kressley is also author of the children's book You're Different and That's Super, a children's book promoting the homosexual lifestyle to children.

Bono is the show's first transgender contestant and has served as Entertainment Media Director for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD). Herndon Graddick, senior director of programs for GLAAD, said in a statement, "At a time when transgender representation in the media is sorely lacking, Chaz Bono joining the cast is a tremendous step forward for the public to recognize that transgender people are another wonderful part of the fabric of American culture

I'm sorry but... did they say Forced? Um... uh... I could have SWORN I could change my channel. Hell I even noticed a parental lock on my remote. Of course that whole bit is just amazingly anti LGBT it boggles the mind.

There was another contraversy about some Archie comics being sold dealing with gay marriage. Now I guess I could understand there stance... but then I realize. Whats so complicated about it? Some dudes like other dudes and some chicks like other chicks. I believe their beef was that it was bringing up a complicated subject to children and toy stores. If so... how is that complicated to explain? Then again I am sitting infront of a computer screen and not some snot nosed 8 year old. Who is by the way probably more interested in that awesome batman action figure that just came out. But then again maybe not. I was probably a really simple boy. I wouldn't have noticed those comics at all. I might at first think it was odd if I saw them... but like I said action figures. All I know is that the batman action figures were calling me the second I entered any store with toys. Even if they weren't selling anything... I wonder if I should probably have mentioned I was hearing voices as a kid...(ok not really)

I know genocide is considered wrong... but is kidnapping all of these members and relocating them to say Venus considered bad along with anyone who is so hateful? Smile

Most causes I don't care about... at all. I mean I may feel sympathetic. But shit like this just gets my blood boiling. You know its funny. My sister is gay. But whenever I see this she isn't the reason I get up in arms about this stuff(well not the first reason. Its actually more of an afterthought "Oh yeah my sister...") What I mean to say is it wouldn't have mattered if she was gay or not. This stuff would still piss me off.

I was going to go on and then I sorta just... forgot where I was going with all this.
Seriously I think as I was writing this I had like four different things I wanted to accomplish. Not one of them happening at the same time. First it started off as me blaming OMM for trying to cancel good shows(then again I did take a look and realized I don't watch half of them) then it ended up with me on a soap box about LGBT issues. Oh and another one was me rambling about me being a multibillionaire with unlimited resources and shit...

But I really wish I was a guy who was a multibillionaire. You know the type who could throw millions away and not blink an eye.

Because I'd probably fund all those shows personally. I'd probably pay those companies to continue advertising. Because you know almost all of them don't give a damn about OMM beliefs. They are just scared they are going to lose business. Its all about money. So I'd probably end up spending half my time ensuring such programs continued airing. Why? I wish it was for a better reason other then to spite them. But... turns out I can be a real asshole about things. So yeah. most of my reasoning would be to spite them. To make sure they couldn't get their way.

That and to ensure great television and awesome ads with supermodels wearing almost nothing... although I must agree with them on something. Does everything need sex to sell stuff?

Its either sex or people doing stupid stuff in their commercials or fear. Speaking of people doing stupid stuff in commercials. Lets just say if the zombie appocalypse happens while some medical examiner is eating lunch while watching something on her Iphone thanks to the TNT Application.

I am soo going to be pissed. But thats a topic for another day.

But no seriously.

Where the hell was I going with this? I almost want to delete all of it... but after spending so much time on this post I'd feel it be a waste. It may not look like a long post... but I kept deleting stuff and retyping it and then deleting it again.

So... yeah.

bye.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: One Million Mothers...

Post by Rex on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah I heard about this insanity. Well not these specific cases but about some other groups who was pressuring(successfully they get advertisers to pull off) a show which according to them portrayed muslims as too normal

Lol I know what you mean. I am also into petty vengance. If I was this rich I probably would not only save these shows but hunt down the adress of the leaders and build a lesbian strip bar across their house Laughing

And yeah I get what you mean. Good shows get so little chance. And most of them don't even get it. Look at Arrested Development. It took us years and an insanely hardcore fanbase to finally bring back the show and Firefly couldn't even get a full season. It's so annoying. I am telling you TV needs a bored multibillonares

God I would bring back so many shows
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:36 am

I have heard about the ones that pulled of the advertizing for the Muslim show. I had seen the show, and it was lame, but that is no excuse to protest. They wanted to see Muslims work in their basement and not at hospitals. Razz It worked because it got canceled I think.
Just as you said I don't understand why they have to complain, they are given a choice to watch it. Before I was 14 my mom wouldn't allow me to watch family guy or south park ( lame I know) but at least she stopped her kid from watching it instead of ruining for other people. Welcome to the land of the free. Lol I actually heard that in Arizona there is going to a law there that forces parents to read their kids text messages. I am flabbergasted, not because parents read their kid's texts I don't care for that, but that they are making it an actual law.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Wow I hope this article is false or exaggeration (the source does seem a biased so here is to hoping )or something cause this would be just too stupid for words

A GOP lawmaker in Wisconsin is trying to pass a bill that would classify “non marital parenthood” as a cause of child abuse. Since gays cannot legally mary in Wisconsin, the bill automatically includes single and coupled gays and lesbians, plus any single person regardless of orientation.

The bill “requir[es] the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.” Republican State Senator Glenn Grothman, who has a long history of radical positions, wants to spend tax dollars “educating” the public — with no scientific proof (because there is none) — that gays, lesbians, single mothers, and single fathers should not be allowed to be parents because their children will grow up in an abusive home.

In fact, Senator Grothman is claiming that the very lack of two married opposite sex parents in a household constitutes child abuse. Apparently, Senator Grothman believes that marriage is for procreation, and therefore only married people should be allowed to raise children.

In essence, the bill could, if it became law, be used to outlaw all gay couples raising children, and all single-parent households.

It truly boggles the mind, how stupid these radical conservatives are.

What is supposed to happen to all those children who, tragically, lose a parent to, say, cancer? A car accident? Divorce? Does the State come in the day of the parent’s funeral and rip the young boy or girl from their surviving parent’s loving arms and place them in an orphanage?

Yes, we all know these small government conservatives who want government just small enough to fit under our bedroom doors, in women’s uteruses, and now, determining who can and who cannot raise their own child...................http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/gop-bill-outlaws-all-single-parent-and-all-gay-households-as-child-abuse/politics/2012/03/02/35633
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:42 pm

^ That man needs a good beating. Nuff said.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 pm

That's ridiculous. How in the fuck is that child abuse? I've heard of far more cases of actual abuse in married families... Take my situation, for example. My parents are divorced, and when I lived with just my mom, things were great. She's like the perfect mother. Then she married a verbally abusive man. So in the eyes of this Grothman loser, I was being abused before? But now, it's okay. No no.

People are so fucking stupid. I'm just... bleh. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Who wants to populate Venus? Only non-morons are invited.
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top