2012... Shaping up to be a no good, very bad year.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012... Shaping up to be a no good, very bad year.

Post by melissa052 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 pm

This week has not been very good over here. On Friday mom had to go to the ER and we thought everything would be fine but the next morning the hospital called to say to get the whole family there because they didn't think she'd make it. She had a massive heart attack, complete kidney failure, CO^2 in her blood, and a bunch of other problems that I really can't keep track of. Between then and now, her kidneys began working again, a little bit and she's a lot better than what she was, but she's still critically ill.

My grandma and I went to go see her today and on the way into the Critical Care Unit, grandma tripped and fell over a rug. She's fine, apart from the fractured right arm. They sent her off with a sling. Of course, she still wanted to see mom before leaving so they lent her a wheelchair and we did that before coming home. I made her some soup and my aunt helped her into her night gown and she ate and I just put her to bed. I'm hoping things get better for her. Luckily, my only class is completely online so I should be able to balance that and taking care of grandma. I'm hoping my cousin Jennifer will come around to help with that part.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012... Shaping up to be a no good, very bad year.

Post by tessa419 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:25 am

I really hope things get better for you!
tessa419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 am

I am really sorry Mel. Seriously I hope things turn out better. I don't know what else to say except maybe if you need extra help with your classes and stuff or something. Whatever I can do to help
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm so sorry Mel. I hope your mom gets better soon and that your granny heals quickly.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks, everyone! Smile

We had a family meeting today, with the doctors at the hospital today. Basically mom is improving, slowly but surely. She's got pneumonia now, but other than that and her other problems, she's improving. Being a fighter.

Grandma seems to complain more about the itching than the pain, so that's a sign she's healing! I hope it's a speedy recovery because playing caretaker kinda sucks. Not that I mind, I'm just not used to having to be 100% attentive to somebody else.

AND here's where more bad news comes in. That hospital is a freaking bad omen! I swear!
On the way out, today... My aunt Dianna was gonna be our ride home. Until she tripped and fell outside the ER as we were walking back to her car. I'm not sure of her complete diagnosis yet, but she definitely broke her left arm. My uncle thinks she'll need surgery, because she can't even move her fingers.

I am really sorry Mel. Seriously I hope things turn out better. I don't know what else to say except maybe if you need extra help with your classes and stuff or something. Whatever I can do to help

Thanks, Rex! Of course, I'm only taking one class this semester and it's completely online. And there's no real studying or anything involved since it's computer literacy. I think I'll manage fine. Smile
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Glad to hear that things are looking up Smile

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:37 am

Holy crap, that doesn't sound fun for anyone in your life right now. I'll be praying for your mama, grandma, and aunt, and I hope they get better soon. Very Happy
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey, sorry to hear about everything that's going on, Melissa. She's in definitely in my thoughts and prayers.
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

Little update... My grandma is doing much better, her bruises are healing, as is her breaks. She still needs help up off the chair and things like that, but otherwise, she seems to be able to do a lot.
My aunt went in for surgery the day before yesterday. It was the funny bone that was crushed and apparently it was worse than they thought it was and they say she'll never have full mobility in it again.
Mom. on the other hand... Not doing so well. she seemed to be continually getting better, but yesterday they tried taking out the respirator and that can't. She can't breathe on her own at all. I take that as she has either become dependent on it or her lungs have failed completely or a mixture of both. Either way, Grandma's taking that as she might not make it.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:47 pm

I really hope your mom gets better. Ditto for your aunt. You never know. Medicine is making amazing breakthroughs all the time. She could get her mobility back someday. Props to your grandma. It's good to see that she is healing up well. Sadly my grandma never quite managed to heal right after she broke her hip
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Good news! Finally! About a couple days after my last update, mom was finally able to be taken off the respirator and has done nothing but improved! The doctor let her know everything that happened and that she coded out 5 times... Now she's at home with a whole new outlook on life, planning to better her lifestyle choices. She's quit smoking and intends to lose a lot of weight and actually take care of herself. I guess you have to die multiple times to learn a lesson, but I'm proud. Smile
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 pm

Yay!!!! Very very good news! Very Happy

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Oh, yes! I am hoping she keeps up with these promises better than all the promises she broke when I was growing up And that this marks the end of the bad luck period. XD
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Nice. I hope she keep them to. Sadly fear seems to work the best. It took a heart attack for my father to finally stop smoking and live healthier. Of course I am afraid with my father it kinda went the other way and he is a health freak checking and recording his blood pressure five times a day, doing this crazy and disgusting diet and constantly going for check ups but hey still better then smoking and all that crap.

So here is to hoping your mom gets even better and stays that way Smile
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm so sorry. I am glad that you got some good news though. I pray that she continues to improve.
x_mia_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top