Might be taking off for awhile

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Might be taking off for awhile

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Family time all week. My grandmother passed away this morning. Well, I guess now yesterday morning. It's been a rough day and it hasn't really sunk in yet.

Yesterday, my great uncle went to the hospital after having several heart attacks. He's still in the ICU and doctors pretty much said that there's nothing more they can do for him. They have him pumped full of morphine and they're just trying to keep him comfortable. My aunts are taking turns staying with him in shifts so he doesn't have to be alone. My grandparents went home to get some sleep after being in the hospital for a while with him. Around 1 am, my grandma woke up with chest pain and got up to get an antacid thinking it was heart burn. She sat down and lost consciousness. One of my aunts was there and called 911. She died in the ambulance of a massive coronary.

I got a call from my mom just before 2am. I thought it was going to be about my great uncle passing. When I answered, she was crying, asking me to come home because grandma was dead. I called my boyfriend to try and calm down; he was working and couldn't do much. I just sat on the bed with my ball python and cried. My mom and I drove up to see her after I was calmed down enough to drive home (her body and both great uncle are in the same hospital about an hour away). It's all just surreal. I'm numb. And it's going to hit hard when it finally sinks in. I feel so bad for my grandpa. This year was going to be their 60th wedding anniversary. He just lost his wife who he has spent over 60 years with, and he's about to lose his brother too. And what worries me is that he's keeping his emotions all bottled up. He just seemed like same old grandpa. I don't know what to think about that. I don't know if they just accepted that they were getting old and that one of them would die before the other and had themselves prepared or what. I mean, they were prepared in all other aspects, their plots, headstone, and other arrangements have been paid for for years. I just don't know.

I need to try and get some sleep and prepare myself for the funeral. I'm going to lose it. I know that's where it's all going to hit and seem real.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: Might be taking off for awhile

Post by Unit7 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:15 am

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Sad

I really don't know what else to say. Sad

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 pm

So sorry for your loss. I wish there were words that could make you feel better. Sorry just doesn't seem good enough.
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:03 pm

I am really sorry for your loss.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm so sorry. Sad
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 am

I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. I hope you will be ok
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Thank you...The funeral and stuff was very nice. I think she would have approved. It was just close family at the funeral home and cemetery; the mild winter allowed for her burial on the same day. The funeral service in church was the most difficult to get through. I just can't stand to see other people cry, my mom especially.

My great uncle died this morning. Funeral is on Tuesday. It's just going to be a small service and calling hours right in the same place. My mom was with him when he slipped away. I guess it was pretty peaceful. She and my aunts did their best to make him comfortable; they even had my grandpa hold his cat and take a picture to bring him. He was always worrying about that damn cat, when he was on his way to the hospital, he told my grandparents to make sure he had a good home if he didn't get out of the hospital. By then he had had a stroke and couldn't speak, but it was a good reaction when he saw it.

I have a feeling my mother is going to end up with my grandma's birds so that my grandpa can move the cat in. She had three parakeets that never shut up; I always told her I was going to feed the annoying little bastards to my snakes. Hah.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 am

I am sorry to hear this. I am glad to see your great uncle spend his last moments with his loved ones. I hope he was happy

And damn. I also have weird feelings towards birds. Why won't they shut up really. This is why I also appreciated my snail. So nice and quiet and never made any fuss.
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks. I think he was happy. I guess on Friday one of my aunts had a minister come in to talk to him for awhile and read some of the Bible to him. I never knew this, but apparently my great uncle was pretty religious. He and my grandfather were raised Methodist, but kept it to themselves(and my mom was telling me that we have an ancestor who was one of those crazy mean "you're going to hell" ministers Shocked). When the minister was there and was reading to him, he smiled.

I used to have a bird, but only one, so it wasn't constantly squawking 16 hours a day.

I feel a lot better now that all this is over. For now anyway. My grandpa seems to be doing alright, but he's still not in the best of health himself. Hopefully he can get the cat moved in soon, I think it'll be good for him. I'm just really sad for him. I can't imagine what he must be feeling. Despite being with my grandma for so long, they were still very much into each other. I have the cutest picture of them holding hands at my cousins wedding a couple years ago. They were a model of what true love is.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:13 am

How is it going Chorus? I hope you and your family are doing better
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks Rex. We're doing okay. One of my aunts is pretty much living with my grandpa now to keep him company. I guess he's doing alright. Keeping busy. There's a really cool classic car museum that I'd like to take him to, but it's almost two hours away from his house. I've always called him "the hermit" because he never really liked leaving the property and keeps to himself(he lives on a dairy farm with a bunch of land in the middle of nowhere), but I doubt I'd be able to get him to go now. After going through old pictures I learned that he was really into his cars back in the day. Wish I had the money to buy an old car to restore with him; he has a Model T that he did a really good job on. I'd love an old '70s Challenger or Charger, and he would probably enjoy working on it.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:26 pm

This sounds like a great idea. Maybe you can try renting one of those classic cars to drive him to the museum. I bet he would love that Smile
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top