I must say I am a rather big xenophobe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I must say I am a rather big xenophobe

Post by Rex on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 am

It's kinda strange. I think very little of the human race however I am very very much in favor of it when it comes to aliens. Funnily enough I don't really care much about vampires, mutants ,diclonius since I guess in my mind they are humans but a better version so it's ok if they are the ones who destroys. I am even ok with machines since they would be our creations. But I really really hate the thought of aliens destroying or enslaving us. I mean I really hate it. In fact I am actually getting kinda fired up when it comes to movies where us humans beat back the hordes of aliens

You know I actually think this is probably the only situation where I would actually be willing to even come close to being in a military.

Hmm weird. Must be by genes talking
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I must say I am a rather big xenophobe

Post by Unit7 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:08 am

I must admit I have never given this much thought. I suppose from a certain stand point it would make sense that Aliens would be on the top of the list that you'd prefer not conquer us.

Now that I think about it, I'd hate for aliens to come and try and enslave us and destroy our civilization. For starters if they have come to our spec of dust in the Universe then obviously they are highly advanced.(heres the part where I am amazingly jealous) If they are advanced then why is war even an issue. Technology aside, a society that could build their level of tech would probably have gone through a roughly similar evolution as us when it comes to society.

So it be like looking into our future and realize we may never learn from our rather bloody past.

So its more like humans trying to fight what they precieve to be our future disguised as an alien invasion. Actually thats a really cool analogy of sorts... or I think thats the word I am looking for. Oh well.

So unlike say mutants or vampires or machines, you could say an advanced alien race should very well know better then to come to some alien world and come and conquer. Especially one that should pose no threat. It seem like they were just coming here to kill us for the fun of it... that or maybe resources.

If someone knows better but does something anyways, its hard not to dislike/hate the person or group of people who do it anyways.

That or maybe in your case it is just xenophobia.

hmm...

Speaking of Aliens. I have been meaning to put up a post thing about Falling Skies. By any chance have you seen it? Its about... well a post apocalyptic world were Aliens have come and pretty much conquered everyone. The main characters belong to a rebel group still trying to fight back. Overall I have really enjoyed it. Season 2 starts sometime this summer I think.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:31 pm

I am not afraid of Aliens. I feel like we would get along. As long as they look like us. I don't think they can ever take over the human race. Its not that I think we are going to last forever. We are going to get destroyed at some point, but it will be our doing.

Speaking of aliens when I was younger I had a dream that I got up ducted by Aliens and that they all looked like my family except they were Aliens. They told me they were the Alien replica of my family, and that no one would ever suspect they had kidnapped me. I remember being freaked out in the beginning, but they weren't so bad. We went to school, the park and stuff but everything was Alien themed. To be honest, I was kind of disappointed when I woke up, but then again what did I know, I was only a kid.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

ayan wrote:I am not afraid of Aliens. I feel like we would get along. As long as they look like us. I don't think they can ever take over the human race.

Says someone who has not seen Doctor Who. When it comes to the possibility of alien invasions, I'd be truly terrified of the Cybermen. Or Daleks. Or the Master. Mostly the Master, now that I think of it. Remembering Last Of The Time Lords, and then the Master Race in The End Of Time, which was more funny than scary, but still...

Of course, I know that's fiction, but still... Anything's possible.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:49 pm

melissa052 wrote:
ayan wrote:I am not afraid of Aliens. I feel like we would get along. As long as they look like us. I don't think they can ever take over the human race.

Says someone who has not seen Doctor Who. When it comes to the possibility of alien invasions, I'd be truly terrified of the Cybermen. Or Daleks. Or the Master. Mostly the Master, now that I think of it. Remembering Last Of The Time Lords, and then the Master Race in The End Of Time, which was more funny than scary, but still...

Of course, I know that's fiction, but still... Anything's possible.
True! I have never seen Doctor who. I assume it is about Alien invasion.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:38 am

Wow Unit this was deep. I never thought of it this way. To me it has always been pretty much xenophobia. It's my planet and no stinking aliens aren't going to take it over type of things but this is a very interesting point of view

I sure have. It's a little Spierlbergy but I still quite enjoy it. Especially the mechs

I don't know ayan. I think if we look alike it will probably be more likely for them to wipe us out since we would likely use similar resources

And no ayan it's so much more. Doctor Who is just awesome. You really gotta see it
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum