My school's scholastic bowl team is going to state!! :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My school's scholastic bowl team is going to state!! :D

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm

There are only 4 schools in my school district, and the top 2 teams advanced to regionals. We were second place in district, which wasn't much of an accomplishment because the other 2 teams suck.

Anyway... Regionals were on Saturday, and we were finally challenged. The way the brackets were set up, we played one of the better teams in the first round. They beat us, but luckily, it was double elimination (meaning the first time you lose, you're moved to a separate losers' bracket, where you have to lose again to be eliminated). This meant that we would have to beat all the other losers to have a chance. The second and third matches were easy. Those teams we were up against deserved to lose in their previous rounds. But the fourth school we played was really good. They were a bunch of nerdy knowitalls. But we beat them anyway. Very Happy Our fifth match was against the same people as the first one. They had finally lost to this one super awesome team who never loses ever. The score was tied at the end of the second round (there are 3 per match), but by the end, we gave them hell. We beat them by 60 points (3 questions). This put us in the top 2 of the region (out of the 8 schools who had advanced this far). Two teams from each region go to state. In the last match, we played a team that has won state several times, so we knew we had no chance, but we really didn't care. Because we knew we would advance either way, our coaches let our younger members play (only 4 are active at a time, and it had been our best 4--me, 2 other seniors, and a genius of a sophomore--playing the whole time in every match), so we got to sit and enjoy ourselves. We lost, but only by 30 points, which is awesome, considering we let freshmen play, and the other team is ridiculous.

But on February 25, us and the other team will play against the best teams in the state. We get to go to Williamsburg, which is on the coast, so I'll get to see the Atlantic Ocean for the first time, and we'll be there all weekend. I really don't see us going much further in the competition, but I'm just really excited to have an opportunity to show our school that there are more important things than sports. Other teams get pep rallies all the time just for regular games. This time, we'll get one on the day we're sent off. The whole school will finally realize that we--the nerds, who have bright futures, regardless of our current social standing--matter. And we are awesome.

So I finally get to use my mass amounts of random knowledge to better others!! Woot!
And I just realized (well not just now, but this has added to it) that I can talk about myself for eons. I'm prideful. Razz

I also realized that I'm revealing a lot of information here. I've previously stated my general location within the state, so you guys could easily figure out which region I'm in, and if you google it, you can find out my school. And because it's so tiny, and you guys know my full name, you can easily track me down and rape and murder me. All I ask is that you please don't. Hahahahahah!!
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My school's scholastic bowl team is going to state!! :D

Post by x_mia_x on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:03 pm

That is very exciting! Congratulations. Smile I can't wait to hear how you do.
x_mia_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks, Mia! Smile
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
I also realized that I'm revealing a lot of information here. I've previously stated my general location within the state, so you guys could easily figure out which region I'm in, and if you google it, you can find out my school. And because it's so tiny, and you guys know my full name, you can easily track me down and rape and murder me. All I ask is that you please don't. Hahahahahah!!
I'm going to rape you, Hannah.... Kidding! Kidding. Hahah

Congratulations, nerd. And good luck in February! tongue

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:01 am

I'm sure the boys around here would like to see you try. Wink Bahhaha!!

Thank you, thank you.
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: