My goodness he is running for office for pete's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My goodness he is running for office for pete's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ayan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:51 pm

A friend of mine showed me this, and I was shocked. How can he want to govern whole nation yet say stuff like this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imqLFtPk4s

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My goodness he is running for office for pete's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 pm

There aren't any candidates I like. I hate them all. I don't even particularly like Obama anymore.

I might have to opt out of voting this time around.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:03 pm

I have to say I am rather baffled by insanity of how politicians are behaving,especially republican politicians since the Bush years. It seems like they are all pandering to the idiots. I mean seriously it's like they are turning politics into a reality

At least democrats are steadily incompetent and impotent. But what happened to republicans is beyond me. I mean surely it wasn't that bad before Bush JR? Right?
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

I don't know whats is wrong with them. They just want war, death, and blood. All of them are now saying lets attack Iran to stop them from building a nuclear bomb, but I bet non of them is willing to send themselves or their children.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 am

Well no not so much this. This is something that has always been like this. The military industry is one of the most profitable ones with the most powerful lobby and the military has one of the biggest budgets so it's normal that USA will seek conflict. This has always been like this.

And to be fair I think they want simple airstrikes(and possibly sea battles) against Iran. USA is literally not capable of invading Iran. Iran has four times the territory of Iraq and two and a half times the population. And while a lot of them are not happy with their current regime they will never support an USA invasion. Too much bad blood. So any attempt would break the USA. So there won't really be a need to send many children and losses of life probably won't be too much on the western side

What astounds me is that politicians seem to be proud to act dumb, racist,homophobic and xenophobic. This just blows my mind just like the clip you posted did
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 am

Ok I just heard about this Newt guys. And are you serious? He ditched his first wife while she was dealing with cancer. And then wanted to get his second wife who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis to do an open marriage?

You know what I am usually not much into the personal life of candidates. Especially when it comes to sex. That's personal stuff and usually should have no relevance however this is a bit over the line. I mean come on this is douchbagerry at a maximum level
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:06 am

Hmm...

Why is he being so open about it? I mean I am sure this idea has come across just about every politicians mind at one point or another. Probably been suggested too. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if its already happened atleast once.

But you don't see other politicians talking about it(at least none that I am aware of) because this sort of business is best left behind closed doors.

Also where the hell did the Killing Americans Good come from? I actually don't remember him implying that at all in the video. He did say it has happened to American citizens and that doesn't surprise me in the least. But then what Government hasn't had one of its citizens killed at some point?

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 am

I think that is what scares people the most. If is he open about this, then what does he want to do behind closed doors.

I think what they mean is the government killing Americans without a trail or something. I remember I saw something like this on MSNBC a while ago, and they were talking about how unconstitutional it was. Or then again I might be connecting two dots that have nothing to do with each other.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:38 am

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Wow thats just... wow.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:19 pm

I Love Larry Wilmore.

I don't know how to react to this. Neutral

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 am

Holy crap. That Newt guy actually said that Spanish is the language of the ghetto!? Seriously how does this guy get million of votes?
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Rex wrote:Holy crap. That Newt guy actually said that Spanish is the language of the ghetto!? Seriously how does this guy get million of votes?

Well I guess there is a reason why we rank low on education amongst developed nations. ):

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Rex wrote:Holy crap. That Newt guy actually said that Spanish is the language of the ghetto!? Seriously how does this guy get million of votes?

Actually he never said that. His wording was poor and he also agrees with it. But he never actually said that spanish was the language of the ghetto.

What he actually said was this

"We should replace bilingual education with immersion in English so people learn the common language of the country and so they learn the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto."

Again not exactly the best wording. It was Romney who started this. Romney has, or had, a ad running in Florida about this statement and making it say that Gringrich actually said that. Well Romney denied knowing of this ad, but at the end of the ad it said "Paid for by Romney for President, Incorporated" and there was also a press release before the airing of the ad linking to it.

While not the best wording and one could see where the idea came from. But the truth is, as far as I can tell, is that Gringrich never used the word spanish.

Romney basically went to a state that has a large hispanic population. It was a very dirty tactic on Romney's part.

Whats great about this? Is that it's not going to only sway hispanics away from Gringrich, but people in general. I mean who would want someone who seems slightly bigoted to run for office?...

Oh Shit! This is America...

Moving on.

Of course I got most of this from an article from CNN. Soo.

Now about the actual statement. Again, he never said spanish. But the whole Language of Prosperity vs Language of the Ghetto.

Now lets be honest. In America, English is the Language of Prosperity. Just as Japanese would be in Japan and Russian for Russia. Because chances are if you become a Doctor or a Lawyer or just a successful businessman you'd need to know the language. Alot of jobs are going to require you to know how to read and write the language. Trying to read something in a language you are unfamiliar with is going to be a pain. The better you understand the language, the more opprotunities are available. It will also help financially because translators can be expensive. Razz

The wording is bad and easily taken out of context or twisted in a way that Gringrich probably never meant. The fact that Hispanic Ghettos are not the only type within America also points to the idea that Romney was twisting this to get a rise out of the hispanics in Florida.

So. Yeah.

But then again who knows what he meant and if he is just trying to hope his wording was vague enough to keep him out of any more trouble.

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Well this is better but still sounds terrible. I mean seriously it's one thing for a politician to be xenophobic or even pretend to be one to one to gain redneck votes but when he does it with suck a lack of grace and with barely subtle at all it's just pathetic

Seriously I don't mind my politicians being scumbags but what I do hate is politicians who are scumbags but are too dumb an inarticulate to hide it.

Honestly I am not sure what's worse. Newtman being so bad at hiding his douchebagery or Romney's near robotical presence. And don't get me started on the ass guy

The only one who seems sympathetic to me is Ron Paul but the man is far too out there to be chosen , especially in the current political climate

I mean for god's sake I was hoping that with Obama kicking their ass in the previous election the Republicans would finally ditch the whole Bush/Palin idiot type of candidates and go back to intelligent,charming and more moderate candidates and instead we get these guys and the clowns who fell off
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:49 am

Hey be nicer to Santorum. He is going through a hard time

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 am

I love the Onion. Smile

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top