The board needs to be more active!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The board needs to be more active!

Post by MrsJazz on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I miss talking to you guys! I feel like it's been forever. I am finally back in North Dakota and have internet once again. Adam has been home for about a month now Very Happy And, I'm a few short weeks away from our due date.

I need updates, how is everyone? Rex, Unit, Mia, Chorus, Steph, Michelle...EVERYONE Very Happy
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The board needs to be more active!

Post by AshleyMC on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:06 am

I agree Trista! This board does need to be a little more active. Although, once my classes start next week, I wont have time for anything.
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:58 am

I know. I probably won't have a lot of time during the day. Mostly late afternoon. We leave for Alaska in May and I'll be going back to school there since we're there for 4 years. And, Sydney's due date is so close. I have no idea how I'll find a good routine with two girls now. Where there's a will, there's a way.
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey! Very Happy I agree, I miss it when these boards were more active. XD

I've been good! Well, other than feeling like I'm swallowing knives every time I open my mouth to speak, though that's recent (Just today, actually!) And this lemon honey tea is helping a lot. Very Happy

Other than that, I've just been spending time sorting out my priorities. With my kid sister pregnant and dropped out of school, I'm starting to better plan for my own future so I can avoid becoming mommy to her child. Which means I'm going back to college! Starting next week. With a history major! And I'm looking for a job, to start saving for the future. My best friend, Liz and I are planning to get an apartment together as roommates in the next couple years! Or if she can rope in a few more friends, we're considering getting a house with about 3 or 4 other girls. I'm hoping everything works out in the end, just because I refuse to go back to live with mom and Nicole after Grandma's dead and gone.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Hello Mrs. Jazz? I hope everything is well with you. I didn't know you were pregnant congratulations on your baby. I just love the name Sydney. Anyway I am doing fine, just finished my first semester of college..and just living the boring life I guess. lol

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:26 am

Hey Mr.Jazz. I've wondering where you got lost. Hope everything is going well with baby number two. Ok so an update.

Well let's see. I got my master's degree a few months ago, I went on a trip around Europe, I was in a few flashmobs that was fun, got this huge 42 inch TV which actually turned out to be quite annoying, got a new sword, rescued this baby kitten which is good for the karma, found some good new shows and movies, i accidentally blew up my bed, found tumblr and I am kinda enjoying it. Oh and I got this cool scar on my leg when I cut myself while doing some repairs. Oh and I almos cut my own throat over this dare. Yeah good advice for everybody don't do dares that involve razorblades

I've been good! Well, other than feeling like I'm swallowing knives every time I open my mouth to speak, though that's recent (Just today, actually!) And this lemon honey tea is helping a lot.

Oh try hot chicken soup with a LOT of chilly and pepper. That always does it for me. Although it can be kinda uncomfortable if you are not used to spicy stuff

With a history major!
Nice one! But I gotta warn you this can be difficult and the work prospects are mostly academical
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh try hot chicken soup with a LOT of chilly and pepper. That always does it for me. Although it can be kinda uncomfortable if you are not used to spicy stuff

Ooh! That sounds delicious! I might try it later, when I'm actually hungry! Very Happy

Nice one! But I gotta warn you this can be difficult and the work prospects are mostly academical

Yeah, I know it'll be a challenge but I'm always up for a challenge. And it's a fitting major, considering I'm a nerd when it comes to anything involving historical facts. In fact, I tend to look for something that resembles anything in history in everything modern. Like Lion King, it resembles both WWI and WWII.
My friend, Liz mentioned about the job prospects being mostly educational, since teaching is something I definitely do not want to do, then my other friend, Nicole who works as an archaeologist in San Francisco, mentioned a few more possibilities, like curator and archivist, both are things I'd be good for. I'm going more for archiving. Very Happy
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Not a whole lot is new. Just working. School starts back up on the 17th, I really need to focus this semester because I screwed myself over last semester. I feel good though going into this one. Finally having a job is a huge stress relief and Devin and I are doing fantastic for the first time since our rough patch, so I don't have any distractions. All of my classes are on campus too, so its a little harder to procrastinate. Might grab a second job with Devin's grandma as an aide for her disabled daughter on weekends, since my hours are going to start sucking at my regular job. Once I get our cable bill caught up and turned back on I'm going to start saving for our spring/summer adventures. Got a reptile expo coming up in April and we're thinking about heading up to Maine again.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:57 am

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. It feels great having internet again. While living in the middle of nowhere can be fun and peaceful...having no internet stinks. I never got to talk to Adam as much as I should have this deployment. We've been getting the house ready and some things packed. We're heading out of North Dakota at the end of April and the Air Force is only giving us 9 short days to travel the 3,000 miles to Alaska with two kids and two dogs. Yeah. Did I mention once we hit Canada we go into no man's land and hotels and gas stations are far and few between? Other than that, we're playing the waiting game for when Sydney will be here. I'm calling this month for sure. Just don't know when.
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 pm

HI!!!!! Very Happy

I just got home from PASSION 2012 at the GA Dome with about 45,000 College Students from around the world! I will post more after work today but GLAD YOU ARE BACK!
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:27 am

MrsJazz wrote: We're heading out of North Dakota at the end of April and the Air Force is only giving us 9 short days to travel the 3,000 miles to Alaska with two kids and two dogs.
Air Force and they can't get you a plane. Naughty airforce tongue

Yeah. Did I mention once we hit Canada we go into no man's land and hotels and gas stations are far and few between? Other than that, we're playing the waiting game for when Sydney will be here. I'm calling this month for sure. Just don't know when.
Watch out for Yeti's

I just got home from PASSION 2012 at the GA Dome with about 45,000 College Students from around the world! I will post more after work today but GLAD YOU ARE BACK!
This sounds so dirty in my mind . Is it dirty? Cause right know there are all images of hot tubs and naked snowballs fights and shimitorpas with huge wild college parties flashing in my mind
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Rex wrote:
MrsJazz wrote: We're heading out of North Dakota at the end of April and the Air Force is only giving us 9 short days to travel the 3,000 miles to Alaska with two kids and two dogs.

Yeah. Did I mention once we hit Canada we go into no man's land and hotels and gas stations are far and few between? Other than that, we're playing the waiting game for when Sydney will be here. I'm calling this month for sure. Just don't know when.
Watch out for Yeti's

This sounds so dirty in my mind . Is it dirty? Cause right know there are all images of hot tubs and naked snowballs fights and shimitorpas with huge wild college parties flashing in my mind

not even hardly, Rex.
Passion is a CHRISTIAN conference.
sorry to disappoint.
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Rex wrote:

Watch out for Yeti's

Tis funny. I knew right away it was probably a religious thing. My mind is innocent and pure! Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.
PiperC!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm mad because I got a C on my AP/Duel Enrollment Am History exam. Brought my grade down to a 92, which is an A for the high school, and a B for LA Tech. I hope they use the A in the transcripts. I don't want another B tarnishing my almost perfect GPA. I already had that one in Chem last year. The last grade she put in of the year caused that. :/
Also, I am stressing over the ACT. Got a 30 last April. Hope I can manage a 32 for my second try.

My cat, Essay, is licking my arm. Sad
PiperC!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 pm

[img][/img]

That is a cat tounge. Yeah.
PiperC!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:58 am

Malletmusic17 wrote:

not even hardly, Rex.
Passion is a CHRISTIAN conference.
sorry to disappoint.

Well you know what they say. It's always the quiet ones so who knows tongue

Tis funny. I knew right away it was probably a religious thing. My mind is innocent and pure! Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Well yeah but your american. You do not have my sexual Eastern European nature tongue Here we love sex. In fact our priest actually become priests unless they are married(and have written permission from their wives)

That is a cat tounge. Yeah.

And this is a Deep Sea Squid

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:22 am

I've been so busy (and sick) recently that I haven't gotten a chance to be on the boards. I agree, we need to make it more active though! How have you been Trista? How is Adam, Brylee, and your pregnancy?

I've been busy as can be. I am going to Europe with my school in the spring and I had to fund the trip (all $3300) by myself. Basically, that just means that I have been doing a load of work at the hair salon and babysitting to make money. My weekends are constantly spent playing with 4, 2, and 1 year olds. Then with school work and other personal issues, I have been swamped. I have been writing though. I got a poem published in a book of poems (if you didn't see that thread yet.) I've been writing with creative writing and am so sad that my class is going to end this week. School-wise, I have exams this week (only two, yay!) and then I have a 10 day semester break before going back to start my new classes.
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:31 am

secret_life8 wrote:I've been so busy (and sick) recently that I haven't gotten a chance to be on the boards. I agree, we need to make it more active though! How have you been Trista? How is Adam, Brylee, and your pregnancy?

I've been busy as can be. I am going to Europe with my school in the spring and I had to fund the trip (all $3300) by myself. Basically, that just means that I have been doing a load of work at the hair salon and babysitting to make money. My weekends are constantly spent playing with 4, 2, and 1 year olds. Then with school work and other personal issues, I have been swamped. I have been writing though. I got a poem published in a book of poems (if you didn't see that thread yet.) I've been writing with creative writing and am so sad that my class is going to end this week. School-wise, I have exams this week (only two, yay!) and then I have a 10 day semester break before going back to start my new classes.

3300!? Are you serious? That's insane. Way way too much. Even if you take in account the airplace ticket. Seriously what is included in this? Cause that's really expenseive
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Rex wrote:

3300!? Are you serious? That's insane. Way way too much. Even if you take in account the airplace ticket. Seriously what is included in this? Cause that's really expenseive

It includes a 10 day trip to Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, and Hungary. A plan ticket is around 1500 these days and for hotels in those 4 countries and getting into tourist attractions, it actually isn't too bad. We will be going over Easter and therefore it is more expensive to travel anyway, even if you say domestically.
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm

I think they might be cheating you. Check out these sites. You can get a roudtrip for as low 800$

http://www.tripbase.com/Flights_from-Los_Angeles-to-Vienna-LAX-to-VIE.html?gclid=CIi70JH1060CFRIhtAod4T4t2A

Also if you get an ISIC student card you can get a significant discount at quite a few tourist attraction, hostels, hotels, train, busses and so on.

If you go various travelling sites you can also talk with a lot of people who will give you excellent. Hell I am quite sure you will find complete free guides as well

I am telling you they are cheating you. especially if you are several friend travelling together. I think you can easily shave up to 500-1000$ of the price if you plan it yourself. And that's on land where it's more expensive

So my advice is get your friends together, ditch the group, research it for yourself and have a great time

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be here as often. Not until May anyway. I kind of...well...completely bombed my classes last semester so I need at least two A's and a B this semester in order to continue to get financial aid and not be dismissed from the college. Ooops.

study

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 am

In my experience this means you might be even more here. The procrastination fairy seems to be the stronger the more we need to learn Wink

And don't worry about it. I am sure you will kick ass
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Well, probably. But I'm going to try not to because I really need the aid. No aid = me having to get a loan because my mommy can't help me out that much. Trying to avoid getting thousands of dollars into debt before graduation.

One of my classes should be an easy A. The other two I have to work at a little, but it shouldn't be that big of a problem. As long as I study, I should be fine.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey if you need any help on anything don't hesitate to come here. I've gotten pretty good at researching and cramming for exams
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top