What the... WHAT?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What the... WHAT?

Post by melissa052 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 pm

So, I've been informed today that I'm gonna be an aunt. My sister recently found out she's pregnant.

Naturally, I'm not too happy about this news and neither is my mom. And neither will the rest of the family be... Considering she's only 15 and recently dropped out of school.

And I think somebody hates me. Mom and Nicole want me to keep it a secret from Grandma and the rest of the family till after Christmas (Well, actually anyone who could tell Grandma. But I already told my best friend Liz just because I'm the type that says I'll tell nobody, but not have their best friend fit in the "nobody" zone. XD) They know Grandma knows when I'm hiding something and knows when I'm lying just because I'm a terrible liar.

Luckily, it's only two weeks till Christmas. Hopefully I can go that long without unconsciously making it obvious I'm hiding something.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What the... WHAT?

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Jesus. Seems like everyone is getting knocked up lately. And I'm not included *high fives myself*.

Two weeks isn't very long, it'll go by quick. Is she, you know, at least trying to be responsible and getting a job? Or a GED so she has a chance at life?

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:58 am

Congrats!

By the way I am just wondering but what the hell is wrong with some people? Is it really that hard to use a condom? Seriously? You can even get them for free. For fuck's sake seriously don't people realize that it's not just pregnancy but that you can catch a whole bag of nasties?

P.S. This was not directed so much at your sister but more at the idiot who knocked her up
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:39 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Jesus. Seems like everyone is getting knocked up lately. And I'm not included *high fives myself*.

Two weeks isn't very long, it'll go by quick. Is she, you know, at least trying to be responsible and getting a job? Or a GED so she has a chance at life?

Nope! Not from the looks of it. She's even joked about having me take care of it, as if I'm responsible for her mistakes. That has actually given me more incentive to start planning for the future more, for after Grandma's gone, because right now one of my only real options is moving back in with mom where I will inevitably end up playing mommy to my little niece or nephew, which is definitely not on the top of my priority list.

Rex wrote:Congrats!

By the way I am just wondering but what the hell is wrong with some people? Is it really that hard to use a condom? Seriously? You can even get them for free. For fuck's sake seriously don't people realize that it's not just pregnancy but that you can catch a whole bag of nasties?

P.S. This was not directed so much at your sister but more at the idiot who knocked her up

Haha! That is exactly how I reacted when she told me. But Nicole's stupid. She's admitted in the past that she'd like to be a mother (Referring to as a kid, not waiting till the time's right). I will never understand why anyone would choose that for themselves though, so young. I mean I babysit two of my little cousins from time to time, and I love them to pieces, along with pretty much any well behaved child... But I would never choose motherhood right now in my life.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Is she keeping the baby? or considering other options? 15 is fairly young to have a child and to care for it. Either way I hope for the best.

I also found out I am going to be an aunt. My brother is having a baby girl but in his case he is 26 and married.

ayan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:41 pm

ayan wrote:Is she keeping the baby? or considering other options? 15 is fairly young to have a child and to care for it. Either way I hope for the best.

I also found out I am going to be an aunt. My brother is having a baby girl but in his case he is 26 and married.

From the sounds of it, she's planning to keep it and raise it "herself", with the help of mom, of course. And Grandma, inevitably. Knowing her, she'll push all the responsibilities onto somebody else once she realizes it means she loses the freedom she once had.

Congrats! I'd be much more pleased if my sister's case were similar.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:55 pm

--

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Soap wrote:Perhaps, you should suggest options to her. She seems attatched already and many people don't view abortion as being "right"- that being said...

It's no longer about her, it is the child. If not adoption there is plenty of courses, many people to speak too and other resources to prepare for her the responsibility.

Does the father know yet?

Of course she's attached already, she sees taking care of babies as a game of house. She doesn't realize that it's much more than that.

I'll try to suggest looking into that, but she's never listened to me before, I doubt she'll begin now. Knowing her, she'd probably push my advice off as worthless because "I've never been a mother" and "I don't know anything"...

I don't know whether the father knows. I'm guessing yes, because I'm sure my mom would have made my sister tell him, but I don't know the level of his involvement now.
I don't actually live with my sister now so I don't have direct answers to everything, she lives with my mom while I live with Grandma and her sister.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:39 pm

This is sad. I feel bad for her and her naivety. Sad Just try and keep her sane. I have seen so many teenagers get pregnant and think for 9 months that their life is going to be all baby smiles and congratulations, and then they push it out and are confronted with the poop and piss reality. Then those around them get stuck taking responsibility for it, when they are most likely not at a point in their lives when they want to do that again. So yeah. I say keep showing her the different options she has. Abortion, adoption if she doesn't feel right about abortion, and most likely she will want to keep it, but I say it is your duty as a sister to try.
PiperC!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:13 pm

PiperC! wrote:This is sad. I feel bad for her and her naivety. Sad Just try and keep her sane. I have seen so many teenagers get pregnant and think for 9 months that their life is going to be all baby smiles and congratulations, and then they push it out and are confronted with the poop and piss reality. Then those around them get stuck taking responsibility for it, when they are most likely not at a point in their lives when they want to do that again. So yeah. I say keep showing her the different options she has. Abortion, adoption if she doesn't feel right about abortion, and most likely she will want to keep it, but I say it is your duty as a sister to try.

Yeah, I intend to at least try. I mean I've tried to just give up on this big sister thing before because with my little sister, it seems useless but there's one person that just won't seem to let me give up on her so easily, for some reason.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:46 pm

melissa052 wrote:
PiperC! wrote:This is sad. I feel bad for her and her naivety. Sad Just try and keep her sane. I have seen so many teenagers get pregnant and think for 9 months that their life is going to be all baby smiles and congratulations, and then they push it out and are confronted with the poop and piss reality. Then those around them get stuck taking responsibility for it, when they are most likely not at a point in their lives when they want to do that again. So yeah. I say keep showing her the different options she has. Abortion, adoption if she doesn't feel right about abortion, and most likely she will want to keep it, but I say it is your duty as a sister to try.

Yeah, I intend to at least try. I mean I've tried to just give up on this big sister thing before because with my little sister, it seems useless but there's one person that just won't seem to let me give up on her so easily, for some reason.

Perhaps this could help
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Rex wrote:
melissa052 wrote:

Perhaps this could help

XD That would help, if she were more like me! Razz Instead, she's a defiant, selfish bitch.

Grandma and I were talking to the guy who lives with mom earlier. He was talking about Nicole and how she is basically the same as ever. And informed us how she's still sneaking out of the house every night.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Oh my. That poor baby. The things you've told me about Nicole show me she's nowhere near ready for a kid. At least he/she has you and your grandma as positive role models.

And I'm assuming your cousin isn't the father, which is a plus. Bahahhaha!!
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Oh my. That poor baby. The things you've told me about Nicole show me she's nowhere near ready for a kid. At least he/she has you and your grandma as positive role models.

And I'm assuming your cousin isn't the father, which is a plus. Bahahhaha!!

True, that. Well, me at least. Well... Grandma's health isn't really at the best, we're not completely sure how long she's got. I mean she's healthy compared to what she can be but it's just something that you never really know. And the fact that we rarely ever see mom and Nicole. And the fact that this has given me a new incentive to start jobhunting as I go back to school to start saving for the near-ish future. I'm not ready for my own kid, let alone raising someone else's so I'm preparing myself to be able to move into an apartment either on my own or with my friend Liz either in a couple years or when Grandma kicks the bucket. Whichever happens first. I am not moving back in with mom just to end up acting as the kid's mother as I know she'd push the responsibility onto me.

Hehe! That is always a plus! Liz and I were just saying that earlier! XD
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I'm scared. I'm pretty sure I'm so close to telling Grandma the secret, or having to at least.

I've been losing so much sleep lately, because I'm under so much stress and scared about how all this is gonna affect the family. Grandma's worried about how exhausted I've been...

And today, grandma drove me to the doctor's, just for a check up. My blood pressure was spiked much higher than normal. When I left the office, I mentioned to Grandma about the blood pressure, she was curious and I stupidly told her I knew why. Luckily, she accepted that it's not my story to tell and that she'll know around Christmas. UNLUCKILY, she guessed Nicole being pregnant as she was trying to get the news out of me.

I think this secret got a lot harder to keep. I think I'm just gonna have to tell them this weekend when I see them that it's unfair on me to make me keep this from Grandma and that I'm unsure of how much longer I can keep it. Sad
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:23 pm

I think it's best for her to hear it from the good kid. Even though it's not really your news to tell, you don't want Nicole getting slapped, especially not in her condition.
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 pm

melissa052 wrote:I'm scared. I'm pretty sure I'm so close to telling Grandma the secret, or having to at least.

I've been losing so much sleep lately, because I'm under so much stress and scared about how all this is gonna affect the family. Grandma's worried about how exhausted I've been...

And today, grandma drove me to the doctor's, just for a check up. My blood pressure was spiked much higher than normal. When I left the office, I mentioned to Grandma about the blood pressure, she was curious and I stupidly told her I knew why. Luckily, she accepted that it's not my story to tell and that she'll know around Christmas. UNLUCKILY, she guessed Nicole being pregnant as she was trying to get the news out of me.

I think this secret got a lot harder to keep. I think I'm just gonna have to tell them this weekend when I see them that it's unfair on me to make me keep this from Grandma and that I'm unsure of how much longer I can keep it. Sad

Look man I know it's hard but you can't do this. You have given your word. It doesn't matter if you like the person you have given your word or not. It's a matter of honor to keep it. You already told your friend which is not really good but still at least she is an outside person. But if you tell your Grandma this will be a direct breach of your word. I know it's shitty that you have to be put in this position but life is life

My advice don't stress out so much about things you can't change. Whenever you start feelings stressed try working out. a few dozen push ups always take my mind off things. Or if you are feeling lazy you can always try wanking.

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Very true, Rex... Smile

Liz came over this weekend and got my mind off of everything which took a lot of the stress off for a while! She left last night but luckily the stress level seems to be down by a lot, still! Maybe if I just stop thinking about it and put my focus on something else for the next 6 days, it won't be so bad.

I talked to Nicole today, asked her about the father and she's saying he's already very involved, calling her every day to make sure she's alright, going with her to every doctor's appointment... That's good at least, that she has what seems to be a Ben Boykewich type boyfriend.

melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC on Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:40 pm

My 14 year old cousin just had her baby a few days ago. The father of her baby left her as soon as he found out she was pregnant and doesn't want anything to do with her or the baby. Why can't these teenagers get educated? How is a baby suppose to raise a baby? When my daughter's become teenagers, I want them to come to me and ask me questions about sex. At least tell me you are thinking about it, because then I will put them on birth control. Hell, when I was 14, I wanted nothing to do with that stuff. I didn't even know what it really was. Kids are too advanced now-a-days. Parents need to talk to their teenagers about sex. Now, my 14 year old cousin is a single mom, raising a baby on her own (with the help of her mom of course). Is it really worth it?
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:05 am

Melissa, I sincerely hope the father remains a good guy throughout the pregnancy and the kid's life. Very Happy
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:59 am

AshleyMC wrote:My 14 year old cousin just had her baby a few days ago. The father of her baby left her as soon as he found out she was pregnant and doesn't want anything to do with her or the baby. Why can't these teenagers get educated? How is a baby suppose to raise a baby? When my daughter's become teenagers, I want them to come to me and ask me questions about sex. At least tell me you are thinking about it, because then I will put them on birth control. Hell, when I was 14, I wanted nothing to do with that stuff. I didn't even know what it really was. Kids are too advanced now-a-days. Parents need to talk to their teenagers about sex. Now, my 14 year old cousin is a single mom, raising a baby on her own (with the help of her mom of course). Is it really worth it?

Stuff like this just makes think that we should really invest a huge amount of money into medical research and sterilize all children at birth and reverse the procedure only when they are grown up and are ready for a child. I mean for god's sake this is just insane
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:54 pm

So, Grandma has known now, since yesterday. I actually got out of the house, hanging with Liz and avoided coming home at all. Was out from morning till night because I was not wanting to be here while mom and Nicole were around to tell Grandma.

Oddly, Grandma wasn't as pissed as I anticipated. She's acting unaffected, and planning to have no part of it. That's better than what I had expected, honestly.

AshleyMC wrote:My 14 year old cousin just had her baby a few days ago. The father of her baby left her as soon as he found out she was pregnant and doesn't want anything to do with her or the baby. Why can't these teenagers get educated? How is a baby suppose to raise a baby? When my daughter's become teenagers, I want them to come to me and ask me questions about sex. At least tell me you are thinking about it, because then I will put them on birth control. Hell, when I was 14, I wanted nothing to do with that stuff. I didn't even know what it really was. Kids are too advanced now-a-days. Parents need to talk to their teenagers about sex. Now, my 14 year old cousin is a single mom, raising a baby on her own (with the help of her mom of course). Is it really worth it?

I wouldn't think it is. I mean when I was 14/15, I wanted a hamster, not a baby. Even now, I want a bunny rabbit... A baby, not so much. XD

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Melissa, I sincerely hope the father remains a good guy throughout the pregnancy and the kid's life. Very Happy

Same here. Smile
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: