Lessons I have learned in life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lessons I have learned in life

Post by Rex on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:54 am

Well since it's been getting kinda dead around here with the holiday season and everything I thought I might start a thread about something we all love. Talking about ourselves Smile Namely the lessons we have learned in life. I'll start

1. Pizza remains the greatest food in existance

2. First impressions are everything. Especially in school period. If the first few times in class your look decent and you participate actively and noticeably that's how the professors will remember you. Even if you slack off completely later on they would still be left with the good impression

3. It's always good to have a knife with you. It's an incredibly useful tool. However it's a good idea to check the laws of the country you are in

4. Cruises are awesome. All the joy of traveling with none of the hassle of finding hotels, parking spaces and whatver

5. Avoid getting a lap dance in front of your family. It's an uncomfortable feeling. Especially when there are multiple girls involved

6. People are simple beings. Even the smart ones usually follow a certain pattern of behavior. Once you know it they are easy

7. If you are searching for a meaningful and long lasting realtionship be yourself and be open minded about your partner

8. If you are looking to simply get laid just behave like an utter douchebag. Girl(especially the kind willing to go for a one night stand) really ldig this

9. Cats are evil creatures.

10. When you are shaving downstairs be very very careful with the aftershave.

11. When you are in a fight with strangers all bets are off. Go for the balls

12. Traveling to foreign countries is one of the best experience you can have

13. Learning foreign languages is not just useful. It actually expands your mind. There are some concepts are phrases unique to a certain language

14. The best way to see if you are biased about something is to put yourself in the other person's shoes. Another way is to read it out loud.

15. People have absolutely no idea about politics, history or geography how they like to think they do

16. Foreign cultures may sound magical on paper but before you actually go there always talk to a cynical realist who has been there, done that. This is especially true for people who want to go India

17. Learning Mandarin is a bitch and a half however it's surprisingly logical

18. Little things add up. Use stairs instead of elevators, go on foot instead of car or bus when you have the time. This will leave you feeling a lot more fresher and flexible

19. Jump. It's a great feeling but we so rarely do it. If you are not too bothered try walking around while jumping(i believe it's called skipping?) It's an awesome feeling

20. Psycho girls are a lot of fun. However there is always a price. But the price is quite often worth it

So what lesson have YOU learned in life?
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons I have learned in life

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:25 pm

1. No matter how committed of a relationship you're in, there will always be a jealous whore who will try to sabotage you.

2. Be yourself. If others don't like it, perhaps they don't belong in your life.

3. You can get out of pretty much any kind of trouble if you know the right people.

4. Procrastination will eventually bite you in the ass.

5. Research a vehicle (or any other big purchase) before buying.

6. Children nowadays are becoming rude, ungrateful little bastards.

7. Get a protective case for your cell phone.

8. Always check the bag before you drive away when going through a fast food drive thru.

9. Be weary of small town restaurants. You never know what they keep in the basement.

10. The coolest looking shoes hurt the most.

11. A real snake bite will always be cooler than the piercings.

12. Avoid stereotypes and keep an open mind. You could be pleasantly surprised.

13. Don't rely on the spell/grammar checker in Microsoft Word when writing anything of importance.

14. The customer is not always right.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Rex, I love your #20, and I would like to offer that lesson to many people. Mainly because I'm fucking insane. But it adds character. I'm fun. Heheehehe.

I shall come up with some of my own lessons later when I don't have to pee really bad.
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:14 pm

15. Be extremely careful who you trust and always cover your ass.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:03 pm

^ What she said. Pants are absolutely necessary. At least in public. Wink
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me