A Swiss honeymoon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Swiss honeymoon?

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:40 pm

I think so.

No, I'm not getting married yet, not even engaged. But after celebrating our 4th anniversary and with everyone we know getting hitched and/or popping out kids my boyfriend and I have been talking about it lately. What we do and absolutely don't want. We're having a very...alternative wedding. Haha. There will be snakes involved, I'll leave it at that.

We've been wanting to do one of those storm chasing tours in the midwest. Ya know, drive around with a meteorologist, see a tornado, try not to die. We were thinking since it's so expensive that we could head out there for our honeymoon, because we're weird like that. But of course it's not guaranteed that we would even see a tornado, can't control the weather. The boyfriend has been reading a lot lately (I've created a monster), mountain climbing books mostly, and he thought maybe it would be cool to go to Switzerland because the Eiger is pretty badass looking. So we've been researching, and it's looking better and better. I found vacation apartment rentals right in Grindelwald that look nicer, and are cheaper than the hotels. And the Swiss scenery is just amazing.

There was really no reason for this post. I'm just bored and I really have no desire the work on the massive amount of homework I have, not to mention this place is kind of dead.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: A Swiss honeymoon?

Post by Rick_B on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:41 pm

you will need a hefty anmount of "coin" if u go there.
Rick_B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:14 pm

I've noticed. We have awhile to save though, so we'll be ok.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:51 pm

We're planning our post deployment vacation and we've looked there, Ireland, Hawaii and Italy. It's so hard to pick places. What made you pick there? And, when you wed, I demand pics! Smile
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:02 pm

The mountains. Devin is obsessed. If it was up to him, we'd be spending two weeks at the base camp of Mt Everest during climbing season, or in Pakistan at the bottom of K2. Not my idea of fun. Especially the Pakistan part.

He read a book or two on the Eiger, made me watch the movie of The Beckoning Silence, and we started researching. The more I read about Switzerland and looked at pictures, the more I liked. It seems like a really cool place. Lots of hiking, fun names to mispronounce and look like idiot tourists. He's never been out of the country, I've only been to Canada. It would be an adventure.

You have about a 3 to 4 year wait for those pictures, but there will be lots of them :p

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:46 am

It'd be awesome if we had a base we could go there! Guess we have to settle for Alaskan mtns for now, lol. I'll wait, we should be coming back to the 48 then Smile
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 am

Nice!. The Swiss are amazing. But if I might make a suggestion? Try checking out the Balkans as well. It's significantly cheaper then the Swiss but there are still some truly great mountains(at least that's what my friends who are professional climbers tell me and I trust them even if I think they are half insane)

And as a bonus there are also seas around here so if you take your honeymoon during the summer you can combine great mountains with the beach and some pretty damn good music festivals. Oh and it's full of history stuff if you are interested Wink

Also as a further bonus you since the borders here are close you can literally have breakfast in one country go to another one for lunch and be back by dinner time. I have actually done this several times

Here is some material to think about Wink

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:54 pm

MrsJazz wrote:It'd be awesome if we had a base we could go there! Guess we have to settle for Alaskan mtns for now, lol. I'll wait, we should be coming back to the 48 then Smile

We'll probably end up in Alaska for awhile too. Since I won't let him climb Everest, Devin thinks we need to visit the highest point in every state. Most you can just drive to, but then there's, you know, McKinley, Mt Rainier in Washington, etc. He wants to move to Washington and take climbing lessons. Looks like I need to get in shape.

Rex wrote:Nice!. The Swiss are amazing. But if I might make a suggestion? Try checking out the Balkans as well. It's significantly cheaper then the Swiss but there are still some truly great mountains(at least that's what my friends who are professional climbers tell me and I trust them even if I think they are half insane)

And as a bonus there are also seas around here so if you take your honeymoon during the summer you can combine great mountains with the beach and some pretty damn good music festivals. Oh and it's full of history stuff if you are interested Wink

Also as a further bonus you since the borders here are close you can literally have breakfast in one country go to another one for lunch and be back by dinner time. I have actually done this several times

Oh definitely! We want to spend a bunch of time in Switzerland, but we're open to moving around. I'd like to venture down to Italy and have some authentic tasty Italian food, since I think I was Italian in a previous life.

The Balkans do look really cool as well. I went to school with a bunch of Bosnians, and I had a Serbian room mate when I did flight attendant training. They have pictures from recent trips over there on Facebook. I think my old room mate is actually moved back over.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top