The mini adventure of an unknown actress!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The mini adventure of an unknown actress!

Post by melissa052 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:25 pm

So... Where do I begin? The last few days have been insane! I've only been gone a few days but I'm glad to be home. Mainly because when I got home I figured out Grandma was gonna work on cleaning my already clean room and I hate it when she does that. XD

Anyways! I went down with Mrs. McCoy who is a very fast and dangerous driver. Takes a reasonable driver 5ish hours to get there, takes her 3.5. XD She was one of Chris' teachers in high school and she plays our teacher in the movie!

I got a call from Chris when we were in Santa Clara I think? Wherever Magic Mountain is... Said that, against his will, someone else was cast as Malerie but he planned to write me in ASAP.

We got to his house where both of us stayed, he wrote me in and it's hilarious! He's ranting/raving/lecturing to me, over my shoulder, about politics and stem cell research in the middle of science and I just reply with "I don't know you." And we improvised a part where he mentions not feeling the need to throw something at people who believed in creationism and I say "I believe in creationism!" And he says "Exhibit A!" As if I was the problem! XD It was hilarious!

Hair and makeup was murder. Well, hair wasn't bad but the make up itched at first and I had to blink a million times before my eyelashes felt natural again after putting on mascara.

Oh, and Lance (One of our best friends in high school) was there and wasn't expecting to see me so Chris surprised him with me! It was like a big happy reunion! Then we all went to eat lunch (On set, of course) and after that, we did the hallway scene's which I was also in! Mostly with Lance! That was tiring but funny! There was one time when Chris and I were at opposite ends of the hallway and the cameras weren't rolling and we were just mirroring eachother's movements! That was funny!

And after that, I was done and just hung around the set behind the scenes for a bit! OOH! And I got an interview!!!!! I was terrible but everyone laughed so that was good! XD

And I told Chris and David (The executive producer) both that after this whole experience, I can definitely see myself becoming an actress... They both think that this will get me noticed even if it is a tiny part and both think I have great potential!

There's probably a million things I'm leaving out but yeah... That's the most of it, anyways!

Oh, and there is one awesome thing I was given! Well, two... One was a shirt that I were in a scene that was a school spirit type shirt for the movie. And the other is this, which I think I'll show since I'm actually allowed to talk about detail-y things now! XD:
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The mini adventure of an unknown actress!

Post by melissa052 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh! I am now eligible for the SAG! Very Happy

And I may or may not be thinking of getting an agent to help me get more jobs acting. Wink
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:52 pm

That's freakin' awesome! Just think, not too long ago you were wondering how you'd tell your granny you were done with college for awhile and didn't quite know what was in store for you...Now look! I'm glad things are going well! Smile

Don't forget about us here when you become a big fancy shmancy actress tongue

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Oh, yes! I do remember that! I also remember how grandma seemed to doubt I'd ever get into film so soon and now I'm well on my way with my foot well in the door and possibly a full career ahead of me, the way everything's worked out! And it did go so well! I'm so so glad! I'm so very lucky to have such a great friend like Chris. Smile

And I definitely won't. I couldn't. Just because I know who I am and where I came from and the so many people who's helped me along the way in some way, shape or form, either online or in real life. None of any of that would or ever could be forgotten.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Yay! When will this movie be out? I can't wait to see it. Smile
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm

It's due to come out sometime next year! And bit of warning: When you do see it, take lots of tissues... It takes you through every emotion and when it gets sad, it gets REALLY sad! Just reading the script made me cry like three times!
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:55 am

melissa052 wrote:

Anyways! I went down with Mrs. McCoy who is a very fast and dangerous driver. Takes a reasonable driver 5ish hours to get there, takes her 3.5. XD She was one of Chris' teachers in high school and she plays our teacher in the movie!
Hey don't diss us fast drivers. We are like the wind. You just can't hold us down man

Hair and makeup was murder. Well, hair wasn't bad but the make up itched at first and I had to blink a million times before my eyelashes felt natural again after putting on mascara.
You woman have my sympathy. I can't imagine what hell it is to wear make up. And after the few months I spend with long hair I know what a bother it is to take care of it

And I told Chris and David (The executive producer) both that after this whole experience, I can definitely see myself becoming an actress... They both think that this will get me noticed even if it is a tiny part and both think I have great potential!
Awesome. I am really glad to see you found something you enjoy. Are you going to join the union?. And hey who knows maybe one day you will visit my country. Hollywood outsources a lot of smaller movies around here Smile

Just because I know who I am and where I came from and the so many people who's helped me along the way in some way, shape or form, either online or in real life. None of any of that would or ever could be forgotten.
Nice! When you are a big time movie star you just must hook me up with Summe Glau. Although I wouldn't mind Deborah Ann Woll or Nina Dobreva Smile
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Hey don't diss us fast drivers. We are like the wind. You just can't hold us down man

Never said anything bad about fast drivers! I love fast drivers! Although, some tend to scare me when they're like my grandma and nearly hit the same truck twice.

You woman have my sympathy. I can't imagine what hell it is to wear make up. And after the few months I spend with long hair I know what a bother it is to take care of it

Yeah... I can't imagine wearing makeup constantly. My skin's perfect though so luckily I don't need it, and for the movie I didn't need much,
Very Happy

Awesome. I am really glad to see you found something you enjoy. Are you going to join the union?. And hey who knows maybe one day you will visit my country. Hollywood outsources a lot of smaller movies around here

Yeah!!! I got an email from Chris' Manager's assistant today, asking for a resume and a headshot! I don't know if that means they're thinking of recruiting me or what... And I really do want to join the union but it costs a lot to join! I would have been able to afford it if I got the part but I can't right now. I did get my check though! Got paid $410 for 'working' not even two hours! And it was so fun, it really didn't qualify as work! XD

Nice! When you are a big time movie star you just must hook me up with Summe Glau. Although I wouldn't mind Deborah Ann Woll or Nina Dobreva

Oh, yes! I'll get you Summer and get Nina for myself. Wink If only... XD
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

melissa052 wrote:

Never said anything bad about fast drivers! I love fast drivers! Although, some tend to scare me when they're like my grandma and nearly hit the same truck twice.

Yeah that happens surprisingly often. Damn trucks. And damn busses and damn bicycles. Always messing with your speed

Yeah... I can't imagine wearing makeup constantly. My skin's perfect though so luckily I don't need it, and for the movie I didn't need much,
Very Happy

Sweet Smile

Yeah!!! I got an email from Chris' Manager's assistant today, asking for a resume and a headshot! I don't know if that means they're thinking of recruiting me or what... And I really do want to join the union but it costs a lot to join! I would have been able to afford it if I got the part but I can't right now. I did get my check though! Got paid $410 for 'working' not even two hours! And it was so fun, it really didn't qualify as work! XD
Damn. Now I wanna be an actor as well "_

Nice! When you are a big time movie star you just must hook me up with Summe Glau. Although I wouldn't mind Deborah Ann Woll or Nina Dobreva

Oh, yes! I'll get you Summer and get Nina for myself. Wink If only... XD
[/quote]

Hey don't forget I am always right. You will become this uber famous actress,hook us all up and many many decades from now when you are an old lady you will be doing this

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 pm

I know we never got along, but I wish you a happy successful life.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Thank you, Dawn! Smile

And Rex. If I ever meet David Tennant, or even just a David Tennant lookalike, I just hope I'm young enough to still do this:

I wouldn't even hesitate.

Something big happened today! REALLY BIG!
I got a letter from the SAG confirming I'm eligible! Very Happy Now... If only I had the $2335 to pay up and join...
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:13 am

Lol I know what you mean. If I ever meet Rose, Martha , Jenny, Amy I will be like

Sweet! This is a great news. I hope you....wait what the fuck? 2335$? Are you kidding me? What for? Are they crazy?
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:10 pm

XD

Well, $2277 of it is for a one-time initiation fee. Then $116 is the annual due. It's a union, so it's there to protect the actors and such, makes it easier to get jobs, union actors get paid more that non-union actors, and I believe insurance is also involved. The annual due isn't a problem at all. The initiation fee though... Not sure how I'll get it but hopefully I will at some point. If I managed to cash that $1500 scholarship check I still have from junior year in hihg school, that'd cover more than half of it.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:18 pm

---

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:21 am

Well I wish you good luck with those blackmailing bastards eh I mean unions. Have you thought about applying as an extra? I heard they could make more then a 100$ a day and from what I understand
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top