anyone else watch the Casey Anthony trial?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anyone else watch the Casey Anthony trial?

Post by Malletmusic17 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 am

unbelievable, she got not guilty.
she killed her child and the jury ruled her not guilty.
un freaking real.

well, she has to live with herself for the rest of her life.
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: anyone else watch the Casey Anthony trial?

Post by melissa052 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:46 am

Nope! Well... I do kind of watch it when I'm in the same room as the TV turned to the news channels... Otherwise I just get the gist of it through Grandma who's been yelling and swearing at the defense for weeks.

But yeah, it's unfortunate! I was honestly expecting the jury to find her guilty with all the evidence they supposedly had.
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:59 am

melissa052 wrote:Nope! Well... I do kind of watch it when I'm in the same room as the TV turned to the news channels... Otherwise I just get the gist of it through Grandma who's been yelling and swearing at the defense for weeks.

But yeah, it's unfortunate! I was honestly expecting the jury to find her guilty with all the evidence they supposedly had.

I wanted them to fry her
she killed her child. she knows it. absolutely RIDICULOUS.
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:Nope! Well... I do kind of watch it when I'm in the same room as the TV turned to the news channels... Otherwise I just get the gist of it through Grandma who's been yelling and swearing at the defense for weeks.

I wanted them to fry her

Yeah, that's pretty much the nice way of saying everything Grandma's said. It's crazy!
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Yup, and I call bullcrap! She needs to rot in prison for what she did to that baby. Any mother who has a baby missing, would be spending every second of her day trying to find that baby. Not out partying, getting tattoos, and hanging out with her boyfriend.
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:quote]

I wanted them to fry her

Because killing someone is always OK when the majority agrees, amirite? Twisted Evil

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:48 pm

AshleyMC wrote:Yup, and I call bullcrap! She needs to rot in prison for what she did to that baby. Any mother who has a baby missing, would be spending every second of her day trying to find that baby. Not out partying, getting tattoos, and hanging out with her boyfriend.

Aparently you are new to Humanity. So therefor I would like to extend my warmest welcomes.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Unit7 wrote:

I wanted them to fry her

Because killing someone is always OK when the majority agrees, amirite? Twisted Evil

well, the way I see it, you kill someone and you deserve to be killed. but I think lethal injection is to easy. if you shoot someone, you deserve to be shot.

an eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth.
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:57 pm

I wasn't interested enough to watch the whole trial, but I did see bits and pieces (Dr. G did the autopsy! She's awesome) and read about it.

Ms. Anthony may not be going to prison, but she certainly isn't getting off that easy. 98% of the country feels the same as you, they believe she's guilty and should be punished (my Facebook news feed is blowing up, I'm about to start telling people on there to get over it). Do you think she's going to be able to live a normal life? People are going to be harassing her for years to come, I'm sure some will even try and take justice into their own hands.

Bottom line, there wasn't enough evidence to prove that she actually killed her kid. The whole case against her was circumstantial. In the eyes of the twelve jurors, the state failed to prove that she did it. Partying, hanging with the boyfriend among other activities while her child was missing doesn't prove anything other than the fact that she's a shitty mother.

It's a very sad situation either way. If she did indeed do it, of course she deserves to be punished. How the hell could you kill your child? But if she didn't kill that little girl, who did? A child is dead and nobody is taking responsibility. And the mother has to spend the rest of her life being despised by the general public who knows nothing about her other than what the media has fed them and their own assumptions. *shrugs* Just my two cents.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:
Unit7 wrote:

I wanted them to fry her

well, the way I see it, you kill someone and you deserve to be killed. but I think lethal injection is to easy. if you shoot someone, you deserve to be shot.

an eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth.

So where does it end? An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Person A shoots Person B.

Person C Shoots Person A.

Person D shoots person C.

Person E shoots person D.

At what point does this end?

When Z kills X and it's all said and done.

What has been achieved here?

Why is it alright for any 1 person or group of people to say it's ok if you kill someone? Personally I believe at the end of the day even the scumiest of the scum deserve the right to life.

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm disgusted by it. Casey's life will be living hell though, which is some punishment.

Chorus is right, there wasn't evidence that solidly proved she killed Caylee. But I think all the other evidence pointed at her being the one that killed Caylee.
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:08 pm

I know very little about the trial but from what I understand the prosecution failed this by deciding to go for character assassination rather then keep up with solid proofs

She needs to rot in prison for what she did to that baby. Any mother who has a baby missing, would be spending every second of her day trying to find that baby. Not out partying, getting tattoos, and hanging out with her boyfriend.
Actually Postpartum depression is not an uncommon thing. One of the ways this could evolve naturally is a sense of relief after her baby was taken away

As for all if you want to see something hilariously wrong and opposite of this check out this case

While here we have a speculative case where in the end the woman was legally pronounced not guilty while the public hates her like crazy her we have a completely solid case even with a video of a psycho using the excuse of self defense to execute a heavily injured 16 year old boy and yet it's full of groups(mostly nutjob republicans) calling him innocent and right and wanting the court to free him

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43235405#43235405
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:02 pm

It is a sad tragedy. I suggest praying for all invoved since their souls may be in danger. I am pro-life, so I cannot wish she had gotten the death penalty. Nor have I heard all the facts but the jury did. So, I will have to hope they made the correct decision not to have her in jail.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by runfastdance2 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:37 pm

I hate the fact that an innocent beautiful girl lost her life and is not getting the justice for it. I never wish death upon someone but i hope Casey will get the punishment she deserves when it is her time to leave this planet
runfastdance2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:31 pm

runfastdance2 wrote:I hate the fact that an innocent beautiful girl lost her life and is not getting the justice for it. I never wish death upon someone but i hope Casey will get the punishment she deserves when it is her time to leave this planet

My wish is that NONE of us get what we deserve, but get Mercy shown instead.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 am

Immediately after the verdict, I posted my outrage on Facebook. Like literally no more than 4 seconds later. And still, several people said something before me. That just shows how involved people are with this.

Of course I think she's guilty, and even though she'll be free in a week, she really won't be free. I was watching the news, and some restaurant in that area said they were banning all the jury members. If those 12 are being ostracized like that, I can only imagine what it'll be like for Casey!

Well, she's mentioned dying her hair, getting contacts, and changing her name (if that's even allowed for her), so she may one day be your waitress or something, and you'll never even know...
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
Of course I think she's guilty, and even though she'll be free in a week, she really won't be free. I was watching the news, and some restaurant in that area said they were banning all the jury members. If those 12 are being ostracized like that, I can only imagine what it'll be like for Casey!

I did have a long post of me ranting and raving about all sorts of stuff. But I am just going to cut it down and say this:

That is just sad. They were doing their job and they did it right. The prosecutor failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she committed this crime. They did not let their emotions of the crime blind them. They weighed the evidence presented and called for a vote. They all ended up agreeing on Not Guilty. Though who knows? Maybe there were other things that effected their verdict.

I remember someone pointing out that people can tend to vote differently when the Death Penalty is on the table and something about women. I dunno. But either way they found her Not Guilty. Respect it and get over it.

Also.

If she is guilty. What she did was, to be honest, small fry stuff. Compared to the shit people do this is insignifcant.

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:35 pm

She did it. I watched the whole trial... The jurors did NOT do their jobs. The ones that explained it afterwards kept avoiding questions and sounded like idiots. It's stupid that you NEED fingerprints and an eyewitness to convict anybody. There was more than enough evidence to convict.
Did you really make a right to life speech?? Hahaha. Wowwwww. You believe in keeping horrible murderers alive but killing the innocent? Wow.
Courtnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Courtnut wrote:She did it. I watched the whole trial... The jurors did NOT do their jobs. The ones that explained it afterwards kept avoiding questions and sounded like idiots. It's stupid that you NEED fingerprints and an eyewitness to convict anybody. There was more than enough evidence to convict.
Did you really make a right to life speech?? Hahaha. Wowwwww. You believe in keeping horrible murderers alive but killing the innocent? Wow.

who is that last statement directed to exactly?
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Courtnut wrote:She did it. I watched the whole trial... The jurors did NOT do their jobs. The ones that explained it afterwards kept avoiding questions and sounded like idiots. It's stupid that you NEED fingerprints and an eyewitness to convict anybody. There was more than enough evidence to convict.

You know what this is the fourth time I edited this post. Twice it was too long. Third time I realized it could easily derail into something different. I also realized it doesn't matter what anyone says on the matter. You are dead set on thinking she is guilty.

The evidence was all circumstantial. There was no hard proof that she murdered the kid. THIS is why you need fingerprints and eyewitnesses and DNA evidence. It helps ensure the people that are being prosecuted are guilty.

Well technically you don't need them. But they make ones case amazingly strong.

As for the last part of your post.

Since when did I say I support the killing of innocents? o.O

Oh you mean my prochoice stance. All that means is I think it's up the women to decide whether or not to get an abortion and that it should be their choice. Thats all. Well more or less anyways.

But the way you put it, why you'd think I was going around supporting people killing innocent people left and right.

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top