I need some advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need some advice

Post by Rex on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:24 am

Ok so I applied for this scholarship. Not because I wanted it but mostly because I wanted to impress this girl by showing an interest in her field of study. Now the problem is that I am actually a step away from actually getting it. I never thought this would happen because there were a lot of people applying for it and I put literally no effort in the tests, the projects or anything and yet I seem to have aced everything and now I am at the final stage of the qualification. Now the scholarship is great. It's completely paid three years in Japan but that's a bit too much for me. I mean I love absolutely love travelling but three years? Away from all of my friends and having to study really intensely? I don't know. It seems too much. What do you think? Should I drop out of the race?
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need some advice

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Do you have any genuine interest in the subject? Do you have a career in mind--Would it benefit that in any way? Forget the chick for a second and then ask yourself if it's something that you really want. If it isn't, drop it and let someone else who has worked their ass off for it and really wants to go.

Japan would be pretty badass, but I'm with you on the amount of time. Three years seems a little much.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Well yes but not really enough to keep me studying intensely for 3 years and thousands of miles away from my friends. Oh yeah that's not a problem. I can easily fit it and I would benefit greatly on the scholarship alone since apart from room and board they would also give me about two thousand $ spending money a month

Oh the chick is no problem anymore. And in fact actually taking her to a concert followed by tequila shots did a much better job impressing her anyway(I knew I should have gone with this from the start)

But yeah you are right. I probably should let someone who has more passion for it go. Three years is just way too much
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top