Who woke up to watch the royal wedding?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who woke up to watch the royal wedding?

Post by Rex on Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 pm

And that's what wrong with the world. Everybody is so caught up in what other people are doing and what other people think of them that they lose sight of what's really important.
But the thing is that important can be subjective for people. And image is simply important. This is something nobody can change

There's nothing wrong with living comfortably and pampering yourself with the money you earned. Shit, if I was loaded I'd be driving a sexy 2011 Challenger.
But that's the thing. It's not just about pampering yourself it's also about having to maintain a certain image. Call it arrogance but when you are certain cricles you have to do it even if you don't like it

But at some point you have to ask yourself why you're spending money the way you are. Are you buying something because you personally like it, or is it just to impress everyone else? I'd be interested to know what William and Kate really wanted.
I think the answer is both. I imagine most people feel that if they have to spend so much money on certain things they might as well enjoy these things hence why a lot of such high profile services are highly customized

I doubt they both wanted all the fuss about them. But they didn't really have a choice. William is way too high profile,especially since he is Diana's kid

Dude. The majority of Americans don't even know where Denmark is. When someone hears the word "danish", they think food. I didn't even know Sweden and Denmark still had royalty to be honest.

Well I can't speak for the USA but I doubt it went unnoticed. Maybe by you yes but I am pretty sure it had some decent ratings. It's not simply about the the current royalty marrying . It's also about the royalty from all over the world coming in. A lot of people like that glamour

But really, they are. They're human....and complete strangers. I value them about as much as the hooker I just interviewed in court.
And a hooker can also be interesting if presented in the right way. Hence why we have the show called Secret Diaries of a Call Girl. But unlike most people who have to work or do something really stupid to get a celeb status the royalty are born with it due to the mystique that has been created around it. Hell even now people continue to be fascinated by royalty and noblity in general. Hell a new shows The Borgias just started we also had The Tudors, this year that movie about that King guy and I lost count of the sheer amount of movies about Elizabeth. It's not really about valuing. It's about being fascinated by another world. And one of the best places for this is Royal Weddings where all the royalty from all over the world comes made up to the nines

The general public doesn't know who they really are, they just know what the media decides to cover. They could be complete assholes, just how Ms. Prostitute could have been a lovely woman, just desperately raising money to feed her children. An impression or assumptions based on fairly tales and movies are useless.
Again it doesn't really matter. In fact if they are assholes I imagine the interest would be even greater
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sat May 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Freaky.....
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Sat May 14, 2011 3:54 pm

--

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! on Sat May 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Her hat looks like a uterus.
PiperC!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life on Sun May 15, 2011 11:03 am

Hahha! I remember my mom woke up at 3-4am to watch it...
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm

PiperC! wrote:Her hat looks like a uterus.

That's strangely accurate.
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Tue May 17, 2011 3:21 pm

I posted way too much today.
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top