Post by Soap on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:43 pm

--

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Time We Talked About Cuba

Post by Rex on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:24 am

I know what some of you are thinking: Dictators are bad, with their name smeared by Kim Jong Il, Robert Mugabe, and your good friend Hitler.

This may not be the case.
Yeah it is the case. My family has been to Cuba. Castro is a bastard and the Cuban don't live in some tropical paradise(apart from geographically speaking). In fact they live quite a shitty life. It's not the typical third world dictator picture so some people think oh it's not so bad then but no it is a crappy situation
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:57 am

--

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:12 am

Soap wrote:
Rex wrote:
I know what some of you are thinking: Dictators are bad, with their name smeared by Kim Jong Il, Robert Mugabe, and your good friend Hitler.

This may not be the case.
Yeah it is the case. My family has been to Cuba. Castro is a bastard and the Cuban don't live in some tropical paradise(apart from geographically speaking). In fact they live quite a shitty life. It's not the typical third world dictator picture so some people think oh it's not so bad then but no it is a crappy situation

But regardless of their economic situation, from what I heard the people are happy (I'll correct myself if necessary). Our perspective on happiness doesn't even measure to theirs; the reason I found his leadership to be amazing is that he rebuilt more than just the economics of the country.

With this being said, the claim that there is no homosexuals in his country and forcing them into camps, along with nearly starting nuclear war makes me fairly indifferent about the Castro.

He was a good leader federally but internationally, lacked.

No .They are not. They are passionate people who are full of life but their situation makes then anything but happy
Actually it was the USA who nearly started the nuclear war

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:56 am

--

Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:54 am

No I mean technically. Back during the crisis the American Navy had cornered a Soviet sub and was harassing it with practice depth charges to surface. This was a really bad idea since this was a nuclear submarine and they were about to launch nuclear torpedoes and wipe out the American Navy and in the process also quite likely starting a nuclear war. Luckily for all of us the second in command of the sub vetoes his captain and the political officer and thus luckily for us we are not a pile of nuclear ash at the moment

Otherwise in the big picture everybody was an idiot at that time and guilty of a lot of horrible things

Well if you want to do real research your best bet is to actually visit Cuba and talk to the people there. Although in case you are an American and you are not allowed I guess your best choice would be to go to Miami and talk to the significant Cuban population over there
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top