Serpent #3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serpent #3

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 pm

The boyfriend and I took a mini vacation to New Hampshire for the weekend to go to a reptile expo. It was freakin' awesome!!! So many cool animals. Animals that I didn't even know you could get as pets, like those awesome red eyed tree frogs with the orange feet- $25! I would have gotten one, but I have 0 experience with amphibians, I didn't want to kill the poor thing. Everything (supplies, animals, etc) was way cheaper than it is in stores, so we stocked up on mice. We were paying $1.50 a mouse here, we got two bags of 50 for about $40 total. We're set for awhile, hehehe. Nothing like having 100 little corpses in the freezer. Yumm

Meet Adrien, our latest addition. Well, he's the boyfriend's new little buddy, but since I'll probably be the one cleaning his house and feeding the little beast, I'm claiming partial ownership Razz
We have to work on taming this one once he gets settled in; he's a captive bred jungle carpet python, but he's very defensive. The little shit was striking at me yesterday.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: Serpent #3

Post by scifidawn on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Little S, is beautiful though.
It is lucky you can buy Frodents. That is easier than hearing the live ones.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:03 pm

His markings almost look like a cheetah print and his eyes are killer. He looks evil. Definitely a cool snake. I love that he's semi arboreal; it's so freakin' cute when he curls up on his branch.

Yes, mousecilces are the reason we have snakes in the first place. I don't think I would be able to bring myself to feed a live rodent to a snake. It's better for them anyway, they can't bite back affraid

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:22 pm

He's too cute! I've always loved snakes. But, I'm afraid to get one because I really don't know how to properly care for them. Our neighbor has one and I love sneaking over to see theirs.
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 am

MrsJazz wrote:He's too cute! I've always loved snakes. But, I'm afraid to get one because I really don't know how to properly care for them. Our neighbor has one and I love sneaking over to see theirs.

Snakes are easy, depending on the type. Milk snakes/king snakes and corn snakes pretty much take care of themselves and stay pretty small. Roxy, the pretty little girl in my sig doesn't require much of anything; just a heat lamp, water, and a place to hide. The only time you have to pay attention to humidity with her is when she's getting ready to shed. Ball pythons are pretty much the same, except they need to be kept at about 50-65% humidity, which isn't hard- just have to mist the tank with a spray bottle once in awhile during the dryer months. All of these aren't really biters; supposedly they can be nippy when they're young, but I haven't been bitten yet.

Adrien, however, I've nicknamed the Tree-Beast. He'll sit in his tree and just watch for you to walk by so he can try and bite you through the glass. They're known as demons of the first year in the reptile community. Not a starter snake, haha. We have a lot of taming to do.

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top