Prom is coming up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prom is coming up

Post by Malletmusic17 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 am

and I am now groupless.

I was going with one of my friends and her boyfriend, plus one of my sophomore friends to whom I gave my guest invite. we were going to this reallyyy nice steakhouse and then off to prom.

well, now my little sophomore friend's boyfriend is going too, which is cool but I don't want to be a third wheel so I told my friend (the senior) I wasn't going with them.

well, she said (and I quote) "Are you fucking serious?? way to cop out 2 weeks before, stephanie."

to which I responded (and I quote) "uhm, I am not going to be a third wheel. I am not "coping" out of anything. I dont even know her bf"

which is true, I'm not going to be a third wheel. no way, not happening.

so now, I am groupless.
but, there is hope! I am asking this guy I like to prom. he's a Jr, and plays trombone. he is soooo cute. and I have a note to give him haha.

if that doesnt work, I am going with some of my Jr friends. so yeah.

Im just a little stressed out...
avatar
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24
Location : VA

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Rex on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:52 am

Well that sucks. Did you manage to get your money for the limo back? And are you simply not going to ride together or did you ditch them for the afterparties as well?

Hmm better try hinting that you wouldn't mind being asked. It's usually when we guys do the chasing.
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Soap on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

--


Last edited by Soap on Sun May 25, 2014 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Soap

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Dude, that sucks. Sad

I'm sorta out of my group too... maybe. I was gonna go with 3 of my friends, but 2 of them are asking each other's cousins... just because their moms want them to have dates (even though both of them would prefer to just go with friends). Anyway, now it's just me and my one friend. And she asked a guy from her church who said he would "think about it." So if he says yes, I'm screwed. *sighs*
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Rex on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 pm

They are going with their cousins......seriously? That's just sad. Even taking hookers would have been better. I am baffled by why they have to resort to this. I mean it's prom. Fancy hotel,free food and drinks,fancy clothes and lots of dancing. Who wouldn't want to go to this?
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Malletmusic17 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Rex wrote:Well that sucks. Did you manage to get your money for the limo back? And are you simply not going to ride together or did you ditch them for the afterparties as well?

Hmm better try hinting that you wouldn't mind being asked. It's usually when we guys do the chasing.

nah, I was driving my sophomore friend and my senior friend was driving her BF. so, no limo. and I'm not going with them at all.

Soap wrote:Do you guys have the walk through?

the walk through...?

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Dude, that sucks. Sad

I'm sorta out of my group too... maybe. I was gonna go with 3 of my friends, but 2 of them are asking each other's cousins... just because their moms want them to have dates (even though both of them would prefer to just go with friends). Anyway, now it's just me and my one friend. And she asked a guy from her church who said he would "think about it." So if he says yes, I'm screwed. *sighs*

uh their cousins?
I know the feeling.
I have this note to give this guy I like tomorrow. if not, I have a new group :/
avatar
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24
Location : VA

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Soap on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:33 pm

--


Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Soap

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Malletmusic17 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Soap wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:
Soap wrote:Do you guys have the walk through?

Yep, it's pretty well the main thing about prom. The entire town or community gathers and watches as the graduating class walk through couple by couple, into the prom location. They take pictures and such.

And I'm sure everything will work out, you can do more things now without being held up. Every change is an opportunity!

I've never heard of that
avatar
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24
Location : VA

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by secret_life93 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:11 pm

We do the walk through here too, but it's not just for seniors it's for whoever wants to go. We call it grand march here.

I'm sorry you had to lose your group. I understand not wanting to be a third wheel though.

I have to ask though, when are all you guys proms? Ours is in a couple of weeks so it's weird to hear that people are still getting dates.
avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Rex on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:

nah, I was driving my sophomore friend and my senior friend was driving her BF. so, no limo. and I'm not going with them at all.

dude no way. You gotta get a limo. It's prom. You deserve it. And going around in a fancy car is pretty awesome

We do the walk through here too, but it's not just for seniors it's for whoever wants to go. We call it grand march here.
We do this too. Although we don't do a walk but a drive. We all tie baloons and other flashy stuff to the cars and then we drive through the city while honking the horns as loud as we can. As you can imagine with the few hundred schools we have prom seasons gets really loud Razz
avatar
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Posts : 2841
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 105
Location : 51°10′44″N 1°49′34″W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Soap on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:36 pm

=


Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Soap

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Ours is May 14th.

So Madi has a date now, and it's not Kayla's cousin. But Kayla is still asking Madi's cousin, and the guy Shacodi asked just asked her out, so they'll probably end up going together. *finally takes breath* So I guess I'm just gonna go alone. But I'm cool with that, and so is everyone else. I'll still be with my friends, and most of their dates are my friends too. Smile
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Soap on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm

--


Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Soap

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Malletmusic17 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Soap: while I would not be apposed to meeting hannah in real life, I have given my guest form to someone else already haha.

and Mine is next saturday -_-"
avatar
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24
Location : VA

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Hahahaha while that would be fun, my school is super homophobic. Not that Steph and I would go as a "couple," but you're not allowed to take anyone of the same gender. I can "go" with friends who are already going, but I wouldn't be allowed to invite a girl from another school.
avatar
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23
Location : Colton, CA

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Malletmusic17 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Hahahaha while that would be fun, my school is super homophobic. Not that Steph and I would go as a "couple," but you're not allowed to take anyone of the same gender. I can "go" with friends who are already going, but I wouldn't be allowed to invite a girl from another school.

thats gay.
pun intended.

^_^
avatar
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24
Location : VA

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by secret_life93 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:02 am

Soap wrote:
secret_life93 wrote:We do the walk through here too, but it's not just for seniors it's for whoever wants to go. We call it grand march here.

I wish we had that, but wouldn't it take ridiculously long? Ours is strictly seniors and foreign exchange students.

secret_life93 wrote:I have to ask though, when are all you guys proms?

May.27th

Well we have junior/senior prom and it would take ridiculously long, but keep in mind I live in a small town and there are 400 people in my high school (so grades 9 to 12) and not all juniors and seniors go, but apparently this year is the biggest number we've had in a while, but that's because my grade is big for my school and we only have like 110.

avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Soap on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:53 am

--


Last edited by Soap on Sat May 24, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Soap

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by secret_life93 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Soap wrote:
secret_life93 wrote:
Soap wrote:
secret_life93 wrote:We do the walk through here too, but it's not just for seniors it's for whoever wants to go. We call it grand march here.

I wish we had that, but wouldn't it take ridiculously long? Ours is strictly seniors and foreign exchange students.

secret_life93 wrote:I have to ask though, when are all you guys proms?

May.27th

Well we have junior/senior prom and it would take ridiculously long, but keep in mind I live in a small town and there are 400 people in my high school (so grades 9 to 12) and not all juniors and seniors go, but apparently this year is the biggest number we've had in a while, but that's because my grade is big for my school and we only have like 110.


I could only wonder how many girls have the same prom dress.

People actually don't tend to get the same dress here. People show each other their dresses and put pictures on Facebook and since it's a small school word gets around or people see pictures on Facebook. Last year two girls had the same dress and that was it.
avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prom is coming up

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum