Belgium in 2 weeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Belgium in 2 weeks

Post by secret_life8 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:51 pm

hey everyone, I wanted to share some news. In 16 days I will be going to Belgium for a week and then 3 days in England. Super excited XD
thing is none of my friends want to hear me say that. They all acted as disinterested as if I told them that i took off my nail polish yestday (which I did btw).

*ALSO, we might be going to Edinbourgh, Scotland for a day. (That is where J.K. Rowling lives)

Last edited by secret_life8 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Belgium in 2 weeks

Post by Malletmusic17 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:26 pm

well, screw them. you're going to Belgium!
where at?
I went to a little town called Brugge. it was BEAUTIFUL and filled with chocolate.

except for the, uh, anatomically correct chocolate. that was a little weird.

Smile
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Awesome! My grandparents used to live in Brussels.
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Your friends are duds. Ha ha. Belgium is a very clean and lovely country. I went there a few years ago. I think you will have a great time.

Now I have never been to England, which would be wonderful. (Stop by at Hogwarts ha ha)

I have been blessed enough to have been to: Italy, Sicily, Portugal, Spain, France, Belguim, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Iceland, Ireland, Canada, Mexico and of course the Good Old USA. It would be lovely to go on a Safari to Africa and also I would enjoy Australia.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:46 pm

We're going to be in Brussels, Steph.

Maggie, that's awesome. Did you ever get to visit them in Brussels?

Dawn, we are hoping to take a day trip to Luxenberg. And I have never been there or England so I am pumped to go.
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm

secret_life8 wrote:We're going to be in Brussels, Steph.

Dawn, we are hoping to take a day trip to Luxenberg. And I have never been there or England so I am pumped to go.

That should be wonderful. From what I have seen on here, you guys have traveled extensively. What countries have you already been to? If you are lucky, someday, go to Iceland. It is really amazing.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:06 pm

scifidawn wrote:

That should be wonderful. From what I have seen on here, you guys have traveled extensively. What countries have you already been to? If you are lucky, someday, go to Iceland. It is really amazing.

Yeah I love to travel Smile Here are the places I've traveled to and the number of times I have been there. I've been to: Canada (3), Italy (1), Greece (3), France (1), Switzerland (1), Turkey (1 but I was 5.5 months old at the time). Then I will be to Belgium, Luxembourg, and England after this trip. In the countries I have been, I have toured pretty extensively though- meaning I visited a large area in the country.
I want to go to Iceland so bad. Hopefully I can go there after college sometime.
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:20 pm

secret_life8 wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

Yeah I love to travel Smile Here are the places I've traveled to and the number of times I have been there. I've been to: Canada (3), Italy (1), Greece (3), France (1), Switzerland (1), Turkey (1 but I was 5.5 months old at the time). Then I will be to Belgium, Luxembourg, and England after this trip. In the countries I have been, I have toured pretty extensively though- meaning I visited a large area in the country.
I want to go to Iceland so bad. Hopefully I can go there after college sometime.

Go here and you can see some Icelandic Web cams. On the left you will see, in blue this word – Vefmyndavelar. Under this are six other words. Each of those will show you a different cam. Sometimes, a few of them look black, but it is night there then. The first is in English, the Blue Lagoon, a natural hot springs. They used to have a gyser webcam, but I guess they took it down.

http://live.mila.is/austurvollur/
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 pm

secret_life8 wrote:

Nope, that was before I was born. That would have been awesome though.
My mom backpacked through Europe after college, she loved doing that.
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Woah... You took off your nail polish yesterday, and you're just telling us now? How DARE you? Razz

Sounds pretty exciting. Have fun, and take lots of pictures. Smile
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote: Have fun, and take lots of pictures. Smile

And post them here too!
Soap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:46 pm

A trip to Belgium and England? Sounds pretty freakin' cool to me! Your friends are weird.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Dude that's awesome. I love to travel. And I have yet to go to Belgium and England. They are on my list so hard. Don't forget to try Spain as well. I went to Spain a few months and it was beyond amazing
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah, Spain I plan on visiting when I travel with my friend after I graduate high school in two years. But I still want to travel in the Europe area to: Iceland, Norway, Spain, and Germany.
I definitely will upload pictures from my travels so that all of you can enjoy.
My friends are so weird. Random classmates and people I tell that I am going are so excited and then my friends act as though it is nothing. Except my one friend who really was excited and wanted to hear more details.
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:well, screw them. you're going to Belgium!
where at?
I went to a little town called Brugge. it was BEAUTIFUL and filled with chocolate.

Smile

We are going to visit Brugge for a day. Anywhere specific that you want us to check out while we are there?

secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:17 pm

secret_life8 wrote:
Malletmusic17 wrote:well, screw them. you're going to Belgium!
where at?

Smile

We are going to visit Brugge for a day. Anywhere specific that you want us to check out while we are there?

YAY! Very Happy
ohkay, for one: CRMalletmusic17

That is the main square. the city is not too big, but that is the main spot. absolutely go there, that's where all the good stores are, in and around that area. (sorry, my group kinda got all up in the corner of the picture ^^)
If you can, climb to the bell in the top of the church in that square too.
also, go to the Japanese Sculpture. ( as seen here: CRMalletmusic17)
Near that sculpture you will see a hotel. in the basement of that hotel is artifacts and such. not very many but its kinda cool!
hm.
just walk the streets. don't get lost, it's very easy. but walk walk walk. it's SUCH a gorgeous city.
and eat a Belgian waffle. duh. Smile
let me know how you like Brugge. that was one of my top 3 cities from my Europe AMA trip!
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:31 pm

[/quote]

YAY! Very Happy

That is the main square. the city is not too big, but that is the main spot. absolutely go there, that's where all the good stores are, in and around that area. (sorry, my group kinda got all up in the corner of the picture ^^)
Near that sculpture you will see a hotel. in the basement of that hotel is artifacts and such. not very many but its kinda cool!
hm.
just walk the streets. don't get lost, it's very easy. but walk walk walk. it's SUCH a gorgeous city.
let me know how you like Brugge. that was one of my top 3 cities from my Europe AMA trip![/quote]

I will definitely stop in the center city and take a picture there. It looks so pretty and neat. It kinda reminds me of what Bern, Switzerland looked like, with the large courtyard in the center.
Someone in my class told me that when she was in Brussels, the waffles were amazing. I'll have to get one in both cities and compare Smile
Yeah, we plan on walking but it's good to know about those artifacts. I don't think we would have stumpled upon that by ourselves.
Ok, I will tell you all about it. I'm glad you had so much fun there and got to go on such an awesome trip (especially while playing music!)
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:15 pm

secret_life8 wrote:

YAY! Very Happy

hm.
let me know how you like Brugge. that was one of my top 3 cities from my Europe AMA trip![/quote]

I will definitely stop in the center city and take a picture there. It looks so pretty and neat. It kinda reminds me of what Bern, Switzerland looked like, with the large courtyard in the center.
Someone in my class told me that when she was in Brussels, the waffles were amazing. I'll have to get one in both cities and compare Smile
Yeah, we plan on walking but it's good to know about those artifacts. I don't think we would have stumpled upon that by ourselves.
Ok, I will tell you all about it. I'm glad you had so much fun there and got to go on such an awesome trip (especially while playing music!)[/quote]

Smile
they are in a little hotel near that statue thing. hard to find really, but pretty neat!
and uhm duh. get chocolate.

yeah! I miss everyone from it. but it was sooooo amazing(:
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top