And if this was too depressing here is something to cheer you up. Pikakitten

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Proof that there is no God

Post by Unit7 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm

That Pikakitten is proof enough God doesn't exist! I mean why isn't that thing roaming the world in full force? Very Happy I mean that thing is just pure awesome.

You know I wish I was an artist. When I was reading this I got a great bit of inspiration for a comic thing. Where God is seen discovering certain events in mankind that make him upset and have a general WTF? moment that and something about ranting about the Crusades and what not. Until He finally comes to Jersey Shore and considers the Committing Suicide then having Jesus say he can't kill himself and then going 'I know son... but a guy can dream."

Well its a rough idea. Hmm maybe its one of those ideas that are best left inside ones head? Very Happy

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 am

Have you read Small Gods by Terry Pratchett? It is in a way similar. It deals with the God Om who has left his followers to their own devices for quite a while and pretty much just enjoys the the universe. Until one day just as he is riding the essence of the universe he loses all of his powers and is turned into a small helpless turtle . Then he finds himself in the country where he is worshiped(which is basically like very very dark ages Europe)

There he understands that nobody truly believes in him anymore. They believe in the dogma and church but not in the god himself. He has only one true believer who can hear his voice and who is a slightly retarded but very good boy with an awful singing voice. Then Om, his only believer and a very very passionate atheist (who knows that the gods are real but absolutely refuses to acknowledge this fact) pretty much have to try and save the day

It's quite fun and I think you will really enjoy it.

You can find it here

thepiratebay.org 5048576/Terry_Pratchett-Discworld_Series_[32_books]

It's book number 13. Don't worry you don't need to read the others. It's much a stand alone and self explanatory
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks. Wow that reminds me I need to read Discworld still. Sad

Sounds like an interesting story and a cast of characters.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top