My sister and I singing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sister and I singing

Post by secret_life8 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Hello everyone,
My sister and I just filmed this video and I thought you guys would like to hear us harmonizing together. The song is Monsoon by Tokio Hotel. I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xxMariaAthenaxx#p/u/6/x6i4B2pd8fg
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My sister and I singing

Post by scifidawn on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi, that was great. I really loved the harmonies you guys did toward the end especially. And WOW. Your sister has long fingers; that is perfect for the piano.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Nice one. A few notes though

First get someone to work your camera for you. Even a little movement would be better. And you need a higher quality camera.

You need to work a bit on your stage presence. You look slightly awkward(especially with the hands. They look unnatural). You should relax and have fun. Look at your sister. She looks really natural and she seems to be really enjoying herself. Also pay attention to how she engages the public with her face. This is very important

Трy putting someone behind the camera and concentrating on him. This may relax a you a bit and make you feel more comfortable with expressing yourself

And lastly both of you actually seem to have a good voice. Which is surprising cause most youtube singers are crap but you two really pull it off. But the audio quality of the video is bad. I am guessing you were relying on the camera's micophone? That's a bad idea. Get a separate microphone and copy and paste tyour singing over the piano. It's easy you can do it even with the basic windows movie maker. This will help your voices stand out more above the piano

Also singing it in German might help. German is just a more forceful language and you will probably have an easier time raising your voices.

Overall good job. I give you a 7/10
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 am

Rex wrote:Nice one. A few notes though

First get someone to work your camera for you. Even a little movement would be better. And you need a higher quality camera.

You need to work a bit on your stage presence. You look slightly awkward(especially with the hands. They look unnatural). You should relax and have fun. Look at your sister. She looks really natural and she seems to be really enjoying herself. Also pay attention to how she engages the public with her face. This is very important

Трy putting someone behind the camera and concentrating on him. This may relax a you a bit and make you feel more comfortable with expressing yourself

And lastly both of you actually seem to have a good voice. Which is surprising cause most youtube singers are crap but you two really pull it off. But the audio quality of the video is bad. I am guessing you were relying on the camera's micophone? That's a bad idea. Get a separate microphone and copy and paste tyour singing over the piano. It's easy you can do it even with the basic windows movie maker. This will help your voices stand out more above the piano

Also singing it in German might help. German is just a more forceful language and you will probably have an easier time raising your voices.

Overall good job. I give you a 7/10

We filmed it late last night and so we just had the camera sitting on a stack of books. Normally, we would have someone film it but it didn't work out for last night.

Yeah, the whole song I was wondering what I should do because I wasn't playing the piano and it didn't make me look engadged. I guess I will have to try getting a little more into it as the song goes.

Thank you. My thoughts on why the sound is weird is because of how close the camera is. I've never thought of putting the sound on top of the video for a youtube clip. The thing is I don't know how to do that.

My sister, being the German major that she is, wanted to sing it in German but we only had last night to film it because there will be no more time before she returns to college on Thursday. And based on when she told me she was interested in filming the video, I didn't have enough time to memorize and correctly pronounce all the German lyrics. I can only get through the refrain.

Thanks for watching.
secret_life8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malletmusic17 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 am

I liked it(: I loved the harmony the bestt!
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Pfft, I can one-up you on the link.

You two really look alike. Smile

While you both sounded good, I must say your sister is better. She could actually have a future in music.

Was the harmony just on the chorus? I couldn't even tell it was two different people singing during most of it... O_o
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 pm

secret_life8 wrote:

We filmed it late last night and so we just had the camera sitting on a stack of books. Normally, we would have someone film it but it didn't work out for last night.

Yeah, the whole song I was wondering what I should do because I wasn't playing the piano and it didn't make me look engadged. I guess I will have to try getting a little more into it as the song goes.

Thank you. My thoughts on why the sound is weird is because of how close the camera is. I've never thought of putting the sound on top of the video for a youtube clip. The thing is I don't know how to do that.

My sister, being the German major that she is, wanted to sing it in German but we only had last night to film it because there will be no more time before she returns to college on Thursday. And based on when she told me she was interested in filming the video, I didn't have enough time to memorize and correctly pronounce all the German lyrics. I can only get through the refrain.

Thanks for watching.

Try interacting with your sister also in case you find a camera man try singing to him instead of the at the camera. People are naturally more expressive when their actions are aimed towards people. And make sure you don't stay still.

I think the problem is mainly that the piano is overshadowing you. Try getting a headset with a micophone. That way your voice ought to easily dominate the piano.. As for copy pasting. Try using the most basic of things like Windows Movie Maker. Basically there all you would have to do is upload the original video and the other audio then literally just click cut original audio and copy past the other one. . That's pretty much all

No problem. You both did quite good
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:16 am

Do not let any negatives get you down. I think you both did splendidly. And the one on the piano, always looks more active, since she is moving, LOL. Just smile (You looked scared) and be yourself and keep on singing. I enjoyed it.
God bless.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top