My Computer had to get wiped clean.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Computer had to get wiped clean.

Post by Unit7 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 pm

A couple days ago my computer was infected by some badarse virus of some sort. Basicly crippled my computer. I was replying to Rex in my Skins thread and was watching a Doctor Who episode because I wanted to ensure I didn't just imagine him lecturing Donna on spoilers and suddenly AVG pops up with a shitload of apparent viruses and stuff. Thinking I was screwed I hit heal infections or whatever. Then another program called AntiMalwar Doctor was popping up scanning my computer. When I logged off the previous night, it wasn't there. Then everything sorta froze and stuff. Well I could ctrl alt delete. But when I tried relogging on it just showed my background. I tried resetting and then...

It just wouldn't go past the first loading screen when you boot up. Just kept showing Windows with a loading bar.

Now! my computer has been wiped clean and I have lost the majority of Becoming Dead(5 chaptes are on fictionpress) and everything after chapter 10 of The Blood Temple. See I knew I *KNEW* I should have posted more up on fictionpress. But no once again I am the tragic victim of procrastination "meh, I'll do it tomorrow' I said!

That and all my pictures, videos, my awesome background I have little hope of finding again.

remember kids. This is why people like to back up their shit. Actually I didn't lose much. Gotta redownload some stuff and most everything else was just rotting and forgotten about in my folders!

Oh well.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: My Computer had to get wiped clean.

Post by Rex on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Aww shit. I thought something like this has happened. You seemed to be down for the count. Did you try System Restore? It already miracously fixed a few of my messes

Also you might want to try to archive your entire folders and load them up somewhere. Gmail is a not a bad place since it gives you more then 7 gigs
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Rex wrote:Aww shit. I thought something like this has happened. You seemed to be down for the count. Did you try System Restore? It already miracously fixed a few of my messes

Also you might want to try to archive your entire folders and load them up somewhere. Gmail is a not a bad place since it gives you more then 7 gigs

No I couldn't even try system restore. My computer would simply refuse to even boot up. I couldn't log on, I couldn't even get on using Safe Mode or anything. Nothing would work. Yeah I will have to use gmail just in case.

But now I am suffering from an Infinite Loop problem. Something to do with ati2dvag. *sigh* It keeps freezing up the computer and giving me a blue screen on death. Sad

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:22 am

OUCH!!!! I am sorry. What are you using now to come on here?
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 am

scifidawn wrote:OUCH!!!! I am sorry. What are you using now to come on here?

Oh we got the computer back and I'm using it. Sorta wish I had an extra computer just incase this one goes down for awhile. lol

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:33 am

Unit7 wrote:

Oh we got the computer back and I'm using it. Sorta wish I had an extra computer just incase this one goes down for awhile. lol

I know this is not ideal, but thank God one can use them at libraries. No, you cannot get online at 2 in the morning though.
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 am

scifidawn wrote:
Unit7 wrote:

I know this is not ideal, but thank God one can use them at libraries. No, you cannot get online at 2 in the morning though.

Hmm true enough. I almost forgot about the libraries computers. Better then nothing. Very Happy

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top