:D!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

:D!!!

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:09 pm

I hope everyone is having a great holiday thus far, I just wanted to pop in and share my excitement. My boyfriend surprised me this morning with a baby ball python. He's such a cutie! However, he didn't buy from our usual reptile guy because he didn't have any baby normals (he has a very awesome spider ball that Im guessing is about a year old, but he's a tad expensive). Anyway, bad news is that we ended up with a python infested with mites- not surprised, he came from a big chain pet store(employees are generally not educated about the animals at all). The idiots have been feeding him live mice, so we have to ween him onto frozen ones- that will be the boyfriends job. The one condition I had for getting our other snake was that I would not be feeding live rodents to it.

So I'll be spending the day cleaning and researching methods on de-bugging a snake. Looks healthy otherwise, I'm just paranoid that the bugs will spread to our milk snake. Keeping them in separate rooms for the time being. But I'm still very, very happy Very Happy

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: :D!!!

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:21 pm

He's so pretty. Smile
That's why I would never want a snake. I would end up keeping the mice as pets and letting it starve.

I got Tweetie footie pajamas, which I am wearing right now. I am beyond words. Razz
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:02 pm

He is beautiful. Look at his patterning!
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:50 pm

He is gorgeous!

I've always had a fondness of snakes! I don't know why.

What did you name him? I hope the frozen mouse weening goes well as well as de-bugging him. I hate getting from chain stores. I never like the way the animals are treated.
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks! The boy really did a good job picking him out, I love how he has dark spots inside some of the light spots. He's very cute. You can't really tell by the picture how tiny he is, my hand is very small- size 2 1/2 ring finger to give you an idea. It's hard to believe he's going to reach about 4 to 5 feet.

The poor thing is all curled up in a tight little ball in his rock cave, he's scared. He's not gonna be happy when I make him soak in vegetable oil later to battle the mites... After I get the bug thing under control I'll leave him alone to settle into his new house, even though I really want to just hold him Razz

I really hate big pet stores, this one especially because they hire morons. Over the summer we brought Roxy, our milk snake shopping with us and the guy at the cash register was scared of her. How the hell are you going to work in a pet store that sells snakes and be afraid of them? Ughh. And another time when we were in there we noticed a big gap between the door and the glass of a vivarium holding a baby Cali king snake, he would have escaped if we hadn't said anything. And they have more than one king snake in one vivarium. King snakes are cannibals, they will eat each other. Idiots.

Haha, Hannah, me too. I can't feed a live mouse (or rat, bunny, guinea pig, chicken..) to a snake. I'd feel too bad. I have no problem taking an already dead mouse out of the freezer (conveniently located right next to the chicken nuggets), and warming it up. No guilt there. It's really a bad idea going with live feeders anyway, they bite back. Balls pythons are notorious for their picky eating, so I have a feeling it's going to be a challenge. In a week or so I'll try offering him a dead mouse and see what happens.

His name is Meshuggah, after the band. "Meshy" Razz

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Nom nom nom. Tasty. Razz

Bahahah!! My brother loves Meshuggah. Very Happy
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Nice! That's an awesome snake. Your other snake a girl right? Maybe soon you will have baby snakes Smile

Haha, Hannah, me too. I can't feed a live mouse (or rat, bunny, guinea pig, chicken..) to a snake. I'd feel too bad.

Oh come on. It's fun. Just look at how great it is

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Oh my gawddd. My boyfriend just told me that when he asked how often the snake eats and when he ate last their response was that they just give him a mouse when he's over by the door an looks hungry. *facepalm* It makes me just want to go rescue all of the reptiles from these incompetent people.

A nice warm bath in water and veggie oil worked well. It was so gross though, there were so many bugs in the tub by the time I was done washing the tank and all of the accessories(I <3 Lysol). There were a ton in the dish that he soaked in too. I took him out today and ran my finger down his belly; I didn't see anything crawling. He'll have one more bath in a couple days just to be safe.

Unfortunately Rex, we don't know for sure if they're boys or girls. To find out requires a not so pleasant probe done by a professional. We just took a guess rather than having our snakes violated Razz. There won't be any babies, I don't think its possible to put two different types of snakes together. Never heard of a mutt snake Razz Roxy would probably just try to eat him, she's a little beast....I want to watch Road Trip now.

Feeling better after his bath...

Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Eww gross. Poor thing. Maybe you should get a chameleon as well so that he eats the bugs. I remember my grandma chameleon. He was a champ at eating bug. Plus he would be giving your snake a free tongue bath

Oh I wouldn't be too sure about it. When snakes get lonely....new species can be born Wink
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum