This is so tough... (OK, not tough anymore, just need to know something about 911 operators!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is so tough... (OK, not tough anymore, just need to know something about 911 operators!)

Post by melissa052 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:51 pm

OK, I'm writing a scene right now and it's possibly the hardest scene I have written, simply because of the darkness in it... and the emotion the main character is going through...

What does a man who's about to shoot his four year old son who's being loud and crying simply because he's sick say before pulling that trigger? Or the mother who'd just standing there high, going along with it because one less kid in her life would make it somewhat easier in her eyes?

I feel sorry for Lexi... Watching it all happen from her room, only seven years old...

ETA: OK! I took a somewhat long break writing and now I'm in the following scene where Lexi calls the police after her parents leave to hide her little brother's body...
Is there a certain script that 911 operators follow? I figure it'd be better to ask here than call them and ask because it'd be wasting their time and all...
Keep in mind it's a scared 7 year old their talking to, if that offs their script a bit...

Last edited by melissa052 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This is so tough... (OK, not tough anymore, just need to know something about 911 operators!)

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Have him mutter, "Shut up." When he finally grabs the gun, he says it again, louder. Now the kid cries even more, scared out of his mind, so the dad screams, "SHUT UP!" and shoots him.
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This is so tough... (OK, not tough anymore, just need to know something about 911 operators!)

Post by melissa052 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Thought about that, but it seems too simple for such an important scene... Maybe I'll just do it as filler until I think of something better...
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:09 am

First they'll ask your emergency...

911, what's your emergency.

You'll probably hear a quick blurp on the phone, feedback. It's from all sorts of goodies kicking in.

Whoever replies...

If they need, they will ask the caller to calm down, explain the situation. They'll poke, kind of prod, get every amount of information they can because they'll need it for response teams. Key is keeping the caller talking. Whats going on, what's happening, give me address, location, what are you doing. While the op is talking, he/she will by typing away, plugging in every bit of information they're gotten and sending it off the a response team.

If you want more detail you can messgae me if you prefer what your caller will say and I can give you op responses. (yeah, I did that job for a while, lol)
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:10 pm

MrsJazz wrote:First they'll ask your emergency...

You'll probably hear a quick blurp on the phone, feedback. It's from all sorts of goodies kicking in.

Whoever replies...

If they need, they will ask the caller to calm down, explain the situation. They'll poke, kind of prod, get every amount of information they can because they'll need it for response teams. Key is keeping the caller talking. Whats going on, what's happening, give me address, location, what are you doing. While the op is talking, he/she will by typing away, plugging in every bit of information they're gotten and sending it off the a response team.

If you want more detail you can messgae me if you prefer what your caller will say and I can give you op responses. (yeah, I did that job for a while, lol)

Thanks! That's actually kinda what I figured, just wanted to be sure to keep it somewhat real!
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Here I thought I could come up with some messed up stuff.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Haha, Unit... Yeah, it is quite messed up, but really the only part of the script, that's planned anyways, where it gets messed up, and it's actually the very beginning, and more of a flashback then anything else...

Luckily though, Lexi's life eventually gets better, not completely, but she gets people and a family she can trust and rely and help her through everything...
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:00 pm

melissa052 wrote:

Whoever replies...

Thanks! That's actually kinda what I figured, just wanted to be sure to keep it somewhat real!

You're welcome. Remember, the op will also be kind of emotionless. You have to be very straight forward. Get the answers, get them help and don't let yourself panic with the caller.
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
melissa052 wrote:

Whoever replies...

You're welcome. Remember, the op will also be kind of emotionless. You have to be very straight forward. Get the answers, get them help and don't let yourself panic with the caller.

Emotionless and straightforward. Got it! Thanks again! You rock!
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:17 pm

melissa052 wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
melissa052 wrote:

Whoever replies...

Emotionless and straightforward. Got it! Thanks again! You rock!

No problem Smile I know emergency response team protocol as well if you need help with that.
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top