Oh things are starting to get interesting...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh things are starting to get interesting...

Post by Unit7 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 pm

This is why I love writing without much of a plan in mind. A general idea, a character, and a basic idea of how things are going to end. Which all of it can change.

When I first thought of the Blood Temple I thought it would be something completely different. My vision a month before NaNoWriMo and the one I am writing are completely different and I am amazingly happy I didn't put much thought into it.

Actually for the first time since NaNo started I have more then finished my daily count and find that I don't want to stop.

Very Happy

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh things are starting to get interesting...

Post by x_mia_x on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

It sounds like things are going well! I'm glad.

And I know that this must keep you really busy, but it has been so long since you have posted any of your work. I hope we get to read something soon! *Hint, hint Wink
x_mia_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:59 pm

So, I just went over to the writers corner and saw all your work. Ignore my previous statement. I have a lot of catching up to do!
x_mia_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 pm

x_mia_x wrote:It sounds like things are going well! I'm glad.

And I know that this must keep you really busy, but it has been so long since you have posted any of your work. I hope we get to read something soon! *Hint, hint Wink

Well you could always read The Blood Temple. I have 7 chapters up already. Razz

But no seriously, is anyone reading it? Sad

Ok back on track!

I actually do have several short stories that are half written and need to be finished.

I also planned to write a sequel of sorts to My Suicide Note. Have you read that one? It was probably one of my last short stories I posted that was aimed more for everyone on here.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:18 pm

You are a good writer. when you have Blood Temple done, let me know. (If it is not something that I would shy away from, if you get my drift.)
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Good for you.

I'll start reading it one of these days. Neutral
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

View user profile http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:08 pm

scifidawn wrote:You are a good writer. when you have Blood Temple done, let me know. (If it is not something that I would shy away from, if you get my drift.)

Hmm so far its not overtly violent. Which is mostly because I am terrible at fighting scenes. But there is some nudity and I suppose eventually there will be a sex scene. Not the type that its there for the sake of being their and actually serves a purpose. Though in truth I had no intentions of writing it anywhere near graphically. Though as the title suggests there is quite a bit of blood.

But its mostly about a High Priestess of a blood obsessed Goddess who they refer to her as either Mother Goddess or Mother. This particular High Priestess is torn and has been realizing how wrong the whole religion feels. So for the first half of the story her faith in her Goddess is sometimes incredibly strong and sometimes doesn't exist.

You know what? If you want the first chapter is up for you to read. It will give you an idea of whether or not it would be a story you might be interested in reading.

But when it is done I will let you know.

Also fair warning, the writing itself is fairly crappy and often uninspired. Quantity over Quality is the NaNo motto afterall. xD

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Unit7 wrote:
x_mia_x wrote:It sounds like things are going well! I'm glad.

Well you could always read The Blood Temple. I have 7 chapters up already. Razz

But no seriously, is anyone reading it? Sad

Ok back on track!

I actually do have several short stories that are half written and need to be finished.

I also planned to write a sequel of sorts to My Suicide Note. Have you read that one? It was probably one of my last short stories I posted that was aimed more for everyone on here.

I don't know how, but I somehow missed seeing The Blood Temple. I will got reading asap!

And yes, I read My Suicide Note and I look forward to a sequel!
x_mia_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:00 pm

I hope you enjoy The Blood Temple, and any comments on anything about it is more then appreciated. Smile

Also I am glad to hear you enjoyed My Suicide Note. Once I finish The Blood Temple, or atleast once I beat the 50k mark, I will write it. Smile

Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top