Am I the only one...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am I the only one...

Post by secret_life93 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Who's excited for Harry Potter? I got a ticket yesterday for the midnight premiere and everything. Smile

It's going to be a long day at school Friday, but it's so worth it. Smile
avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by Malletmusic17 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 pm

im excited!!!
I was supposed to see it at midnight but im seeing it saturday
avatar
Malletmusic17
Percussion Babe
Percussion Babe

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24
Location : VA

View user profile http://musicxlifenlove17.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by secret_life93 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Malletmusic17 wrote:im excited!!!
I was supposed to see it at midnight but im seeing it saturday

I have a feeling it's going to be amazing! I wish it weren't in two parts because now I have to wait to see the end, but this way more from the book gets put into the movie so it's okay. Very Happy
avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by MrsJazz on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:34 pm

I'm excited! I can't wait to go! Adam doesn't like HP so he gets daddy time and I get mommy time with my girlfriends on base Very Happy
avatar
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2010-05-16
Age : 33
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by secret_life8 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:38 pm

i am going to the midnight release and then again on saturday during open weekend. I am so excited. right now i am trying to finish reading the British edition of the 7th HP before the movie comes out. I am really excited.
avatar
secret_life8

Posts : 350
Join date : 2010-05-31
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvannia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by joselin4life on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:49 pm

My friend is a huge fan. So she talked me into going with her on Saturday lol.
avatar
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Posts : 3994
Join date : 2010-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by secret_life93 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:42 pm

secret_life8 wrote:i am going to the midnight release and then again on saturday during open weekend. I am so excited. right now i am trying to finish reading the British edition of the 7th HP before the movie comes out. I am really excited.

Is the British edition different than the, I suppose, American one?
avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by x_mia_x on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 pm

I am also excited. My sister and I are planning to go see it Sunday.
avatar
x_mia_x

Posts : 833
Join date : 2010-05-15
Location : The Mitten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by melissa052 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm excited!!! I'll be going with my cousin and a mutual friend probably a week or so after it's out... (We tend to prefer going after the 'highly anticipates-new movie' rush...)
avatar
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Clovis

View user profile http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by secret_life8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 am

secret_life93 wrote:
secret_life8 wrote:i am going to the midnight release and then again on saturday during open weekend. I am so excited. right now i am trying to finish reading the British edition of the 7th HP before the movie comes out. I am really excited.

Is the British edition different than the, I suppose, American one?

it is not that different but it does have some differences. And the last book is not as different as the first few are. I like reading the British addition because it was the original editions of the books.
avatar
secret_life8

Posts : 350
Join date : 2010-05-31
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvannia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by scifidawn on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:50 am

secret_life8 wrote:
secret_life93 wrote:
secret_life8 wrote:i am going to the midnight release and then again on saturday during open weekend. I am so excited. right now i am trying to finish reading the British edition of the 7th HP before the movie comes out. I am really excited.

Is the British edition different than the, I suppose, American one?

it is not that different but it does have some differences. And the last book is not as different as the first few are. I like reading the British addition because it was the original editions of the books.

What kind of differences? And yes, I too want to watch HP. Weee. Those movies are so good.
avatar
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Posts : 882
Join date : 2010-05-15

View user profile http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by Unit7 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:04 pm

I remember correctly its mostly the slang and word choice is different in some parts. That and for some reason the American Version went with Sorcerers Stone rather then Philosophers Stone for the first book.

Also I am a bit excited for the new Harry Potter movie. I really enjoyed Deathly Hollows and with it being a 2 part movie, I am wondering how much of the book has made it into the movie.

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by secret_life93 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Unit7 wrote:I remember correctly its mostly the slang and word choice is different in some parts. That and for some reason the American Version went with Sorcerers Stone rather then Philosophers Stone for the first book.

Also I am a bit excited for the new Harry Potter movie. I really enjoyed Deathly Hollows and with it being a 2 part movie, I am wondering how much of the book has made it into the movie.

See I'd rather just see a movie all at once, but I'm hoping they'll include more of the book.
avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:08 pm

I think I'm the only one not excited. Kind of lost interest after the 4th movie. I don't think I ever did see the 5th, and I know I didn't see the 6th. Maybe I'll Nexflix them.

_________________


"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
avatar
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 29
Location : New York (No, not the damn city)

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by Unit7 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:11 pm

secret_life93 wrote:
Unit7 wrote:I remember correctly its mostly the slang and word choice is different in some parts. That and for some reason the American Version went with Sorcerers Stone rather then Philosophers Stone for the first book.

Also I am a bit excited for the new Harry Potter movie. I really enjoyed Deathly Hollows and with it being a 2 part movie, I am wondering how much of the book has made it into the movie.

See I'd rather just see a movie all at once, but I'm hoping they'll include more of the book.

Yeah the wait is going to be annoying. Sorta wish they would release both parts at the same time.

I am also really curious as to how they will cut the movie off. Lol you think there will be a 'to be continued' and a 'Previously on...' at end of 1 and begining of 2? Very Happy


_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by ayan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm

I am not too excited to see it, I mean I read the book, so I wanna compare the book to the movie. That is all, I will probably see it though, I just hope I don't cry at the part Fred dies, if it is in this part.

ayan

Posts : 377
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by Unit7 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 pm

No his death would be in Part 2 as his death scene is at the last fight at hogwarts

_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by secret_life93 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Unit7 wrote:
secret_life93 wrote:
Unit7 wrote:I remember correctly its mostly the slang and word choice is different in some parts. That and for some reason the American Version went with Sorcerers Stone rather then Philosophers Stone for the first book.

Also I am a bit excited for the new Harry Potter movie. I really enjoyed Deathly Hollows and with it being a 2 part movie, I am wondering how much of the book has made it into the movie.

See I'd rather just see a movie all at once, but I'm hoping they'll include more of the book.

Yeah the wait is going to be annoying. Sorta wish they would release both parts at the same time.

I am also really curious as to how they will cut the movie off. Lol you think there will be a 'to be continued' and a 'Previously on...' at end of 1 and begining of 2? Very Happy


If they released both at the same time I wouldn't be going at midnight. School is already going to be terrible on Friday. Especially first period Spanish..

Hmmm I wonder. I saw a sneak peek on Ellen the other day from the basement seen at the Malfoy's. I can't remember where I heard it, but supposedly it ends in a big cliffhanger... a cliffhanger for those who haven't read it anyway. Very Happy
avatar
secret_life93

Posts : 758
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by Unit7 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh that would make for a pretty great cliff hanger ending.


_________________


Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
avatar
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Posts : 3944
Join date : 2010-05-14
Age : 106
Location : In The Infinite Void of Space

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I the only one...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum