I need your help(it will take you just 7-10 minutes)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need your help(it will take you just 7-10 minutes)

Post by Rex on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:56 am

Ok so I don't know if you heard about the show Six Feet Under. It's a critically acclaimed show but honestly I personally didn't like it very much. I didn't like any of the characters much, I wasn't overtly intrigued by the storylines either. I pretty much watched it only because I was really bored and this was good at killing time

However at the final I cried like a little girl. I mean seriously I couldn't stop myself. It was really heart wrenching. And I really don't know why. This was months ago and I still don't have an answer. I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the show very much but the final gets me really bad. Even on second and third viewing I still cry like a baby(hell I can't even watch the clip I am about to show you). I don't know if it's the music or the montage but it gets me really bad

So here is where I need your help. Can you watch this final scene and tell me if it makes you sad? I am just wondering if there is something inherently sad in the scene or in the music that gets me or if I am just going crazy

Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need your help(it will take you just 7-10 minutes)

Post by Unit7 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:24 pm

However at the final I cried like a little girl

Wait... you cried like a little girl? Am I speaking to the same Rex that fought off an entire army of mutant aliens with lemon juice being squirted in his eyes and finding out that your super hot girlfriend was cheating on you with some loser(lol sorry about that btw) All the while not shedding a single tear?

Alright I watched it while the whole thing was actually rather sad. If I had actually known the characters it would probably have been alot more depressing. I haven't seen the show yet so yeah.

But oddly I was still teary eye. I guess alot of it had to do with the idea that death will eventually creep up on you. Several of them were at what would be happy occasions or talking about something, while on vacation.

The music was also very much apart of that and the girl in the car who was crying also pretty much set the whole thing into motion, atleast for me.

I think if I had seen the series it would probably have had me crying easily.

Sometimes, late at night, I sit here and I wonder. The things I wonder vary from night to night. Sometimes I wonder about the stars and other nights I wonder about what tomorrow will be like. But recently I have been wondering what my life would have been like without you...-Samantha Greene
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

View user profile http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm

I know right? I couldn't believe it myself. I tried watching the clip again , not from the begining but just randomly click and literally at the 15th second I already felt teary eyed. My guess it's a subliminal message in the music. Probably as a part of a giant CIA conspiracy to get to me

Yeah. I think it's really the combination of factors. Those guys really know how to make good finale montage.
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Aww I love that show, I still watch the reruns when they're on. I was sad the first time I saw it. Didn't cry though, takes quite a bit to do that.

"Open your mind before your mouth." - Motionless in White
Book-face.
Follow me on Instagram!
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/snakebitess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top